Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Having fun  (Read 9162 times)

joevann

• Email
Having fun
« on: May 16, 2013, 12:08:53 PM »
Just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying this forum and sharing info with those who share our strange avocation.  I've learned a bit, and some of the posts have sparked me to crack open my old books and do some research.  Always an enjoyable experience.  BTW, if any one is on Facebook, I'm "Joe W. Vann III"

Lamar

• Email
Re: Having fun
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 07:23:05 PM »
I enjoy this forum, too. I wish I had enough knowledge to post now & then, but I know a lot more now than I did when I joined.
I'm grateful to Mike for inviting me to this site.

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 09:39:25 AM »
I have been having fun too, but lately not Civil War related.  I just got back from a nice visit to Yosemite and Napa Valley.

I think I speak for all of us in saying our forum has been a good gathering spot for us birds of a feather to flock together.  Thank you all for your participation.

Lamar, you understate your role.  Among other things, you helped us learn that the monument law regarding cannon ownership is an urban myth at least on the National level even if it may be covered by some state and local ordinances in places outside Virginia.  Perhaps others from different states have access to their local law databases to find out what the rules are there.  I'd be particularly interested in Massachusetts, NY, PA and Ohio.

Joe, you are a late bloomer, having relatively recently arrived on the scene, but you have made up for your late start with enormous contributions.  Your knowledge is impressive, broad and deep.

Thanks everyone for keeping this forum active.  Carl and I both have relatively new positions and not a huge amount of time day in and day out to spur conversation so appreciate all of you priming the pump here.

R. J. in LA

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 11:02:02 AM »
All of you guys do a great job of contributing to this forum and I appreciate Mike's and Carl's efforts on having gotten this started and continuing with it!

Mike, looks like you had some great fun! I'm sure you sampled some wonderful fruits of the vine while in Napa but hopefully those effects had worn off before you were up in Yosemite taking those beautiful high altitude pictures because if not, I believe your major medical insurance carrier would have not been happy with you!  :P

joevann

• Email
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 07:31:58 PM »
While in Napa, you didn't happen to swing by Mare Island, did you?

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 08:55:50 PM »
No, that would have been a very poor prioritization on my part given I had 300 wineries at my disposal.

John D. Bartleson Jr.

• Email
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 09:26:55 PM »
To our webmasters/ administrators.  I have really enjoyed seeing and downloading all the great shell specimens. I think Mike jump;ed over everyone with his beautiful Hanes shell and spar torpedo fuze.
All the Best,
John

divedigger

• Email
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 08:36:57 AM »
I have fun here as well. This is the first place I go when I get on the computer. The knowledge and sharing without ego keeps ignorant people like me fascinated. I may not contribute much, but I am grateful for those that will. I have learned a great deal just lurking. Thanks to everyone for the forum and keeping it going. David

John D. Bartleson Jr.

• Email
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 08:45:23 AM »
Good Monring David,
    Your shells are facinating, lets see more of them and thanks.
Regards,
John

divedigger

• Email
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 08:51:01 AM »
got some cooking right now.