Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: NEW!! Encyclopedia of Black Powder Artillery Projectiles  (Read 14454 times)

Relic Doc

• Email
NEW!! Encyclopedia of Black Powder Artillery Projectiles
« on: April 01, 2013, 10:28:16 PM »
Just published and will be available at the Fredericksburg, Virginia Civil War Show on April 12th and 13th or online by contacting Bpap@bpapress.com.

http://www.bookwire.com/Encyclopedia-of-Black-Powder-Artillery-Projectiles-Found-in-North-America;-1759-1865-9780989116503.html

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: NEW!! Encyclopedia of Black Powder Artillery Projectiles
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 10:23:35 AM »
Great news!  I can't wait to get it.  Looks like everything you ever wanted to know about the artillery and more.
Best,
Carl

Relic Doc

• Email
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 11:40:41 PM »
The website for Black Powder Artificer Press, the publisher of Encyclopedia of Black Powder Artillery Projectiles . . . . is up and running. You can reach the web page by typing bpapress.com into the URL search bar. We're working on the other search engines that seem to think we are still "UNDER CONSTRUCTION". Everything works, book purchases are online or come visit us at the Fredericksburg show April 12th and 13th to purchase your first volume.

Leave a short message to let us know what you think about the site. http://bpapress.com/

Pete George

• Email
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 11:00:14 PM »
  Hearty congratulations to Colonel John!  Though I had a preview a few years ago, I'm even more impressed with the finished product.

I don't know if I'll be able to get a ride to the Fredericksburg show. If I do, I'll look you up. Might even bring a cigar to the proud papa. :)

Best regards,
Pete G.

jonpatterson

• Email
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 02:43:44 PM »
Got mine ordered yesterday and looking forward to checking it out.
It is history that teaches us to hope.

Robert E. Lee

Relic Doc

• Email
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 07:13:38 PM »
Jon,
Your copy was placed in the mail on Thursday and you should receive the book either Monday or Tuesday, depending on the mail delivery system.  Let me know when you have received.
Thank you again for your order.
Doc

Relic Doc

• Email
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 07:15:35 PM »
Thanks Pete,

Looking forward to seeing you at the show.  Sure hope you get a ride.  Thanks you for your comment.

Doc

jonpatterson

• Email
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 04:24:17 PM »
Doc,

The book arrived today, even earlier than expected. It for sure has a wealth of detail augmented by quality drawings and pictures. I am sure to spend many hours educating myself with it.

Jon
It is history that teaches us to hope.

Robert E. Lee

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 10:18:20 AM »
My copy was buried under a week's worth of mail when I got home last night.  What a tremendous work this is -- the kind of reference book serious enthusiasts will refer to continuously from now on. 

I also noticed credits to quite a few forum members -- good job folks.

Relic Doc

• Email
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 11:51:11 AM »
Jon and Mike,

So glad to hear that your books have arrived!  Thank you for your comments about the book and I know it will be a constant reference for all Civil War enthusiasts. 

Remember the website Bpapress.com (searched through your URL bar) and we will keep you updated when the next volumes are ready for purchase.

Doc

John D. Bartleson Jr.

• Email
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2013, 05:14:03 PM »

To all,
    "Encyclopedia of Black Powder Artillery ProjectilesFound in North America 1759 - 1865, Volume II"
is now taking orders at the below URL:

http://www.bpapress.com/home.html

Regards,
John
  From a personal note; It is probably the most comphensive book todate   The Volume II covers spherical shells and fuzes/fuses.
He is now working on the remaining 4 volumes.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 10:38:51 PM by John D. Bartleson Jr. »

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 08:59:10 PM »
   the encyclopedia is a great reference book, no doubt. It will sit right on my bookshelf, with Pete and Tom's, Jack Bell's, Jack Melton's, Warren Ripley, John Bartleson, Bob Gregory, Edward McCaul and Chuck Jones' reference books.      I am proud of all of the forum members who contributed to it too, we have all added to the knowledge pool,  thanks to John Biemeck's 40 year tireless effort.           Go out and buy it, support John's efforts, help him with the next volumes,  it is one of those ' must have' books for the true student of black powder projectiles.  And the price is right for the 600 pages of information.........

Relic Doc

• Email
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 09:23:41 PM »
Thank you John and David for your comments about the Encyclopedia of Black Powder Artillery Found in North America.  This week we are preparing for the show in Fredericksburg, but when orders are placed on the website they are shipped out within two days.  Thank you all for the purchases already made and stop by the website to check out the gallery, news events about upcoming shows and to place an order.  Sample pages of the book can also be viewed.

http://bpapress.com/

Doc

6lbgun

• If at first you don't Secede, try, try again.
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2013, 11:39:31 AM »
Doc,
     Received your book this morning.  Very impressive!  Destined to becoming one of the "Go to" books in our field of study and collecting.  Thank you John.
Dan   

mccaul

• Email
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2013, 02:12:50 PM »
An excellent reference book that I will use quite a bit.