Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Everyone prepared down in LA?  (Read 12586 times)

Dr. Beach

Everyone prepared down in LA?
« on: August 28, 2012, 12:04:19 AM »
Worried about my brothers down in Louisiana--R.J., Terry, Danny, et al.

Everybody prepared?

ETEX

Re: Everyone prepared down in LA?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 01:26:40 PM »
Keep your heads down guys and take care. My thoughts are with all of yall and your families.

Selma Brooke Gunner

• Email
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 04:32:27 PM »
Take care and here is praying that all come thru safely
Gordon Thrasher
Selma Brooke Study
Kinston, Al
selmabrookestudy@yahoo.com

R. J. in LA

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 04:44:10 PM »
Thanks for thinking about us guys and for the prayers, we appreciate it. That rascal Isaac has been a tough one to get a firm track on! Here in Lafayette, LA, we're preparing for some tropical storm wind gusts in the 60+ mph range tomorrow so we're preparing for wet and extremely windy conditions for early morning, all day, and early evening tomorrow. If the track continues as is, we should be on the "good" side of the storm. Terry should be fine and out of harm's way. In fact, he's hoping to get some rain out of this since it's been a couple of months since he's seen any rainfall at all. Danny isn't as fortunate with Isaac bearing down on New Orleans.  I'd better let them chime in on their situations. Hopefully, we'll all do fine and chalk it up to a small price to pay for living in this wonderful area.
We'll weather the storm here and if my power doesn't go off I'll be checking the forum for the usual good threads of information you guys contribute to this excellent forum!

R. J.

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 11:08:31 PM »
Praying for yall. Terry e-mail me and let me know you are ok
It's not always "Survival of the fitest" sometimes the idiots get through.

R. J. in LA

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 11:27:29 AM »
Wes, I hope y'all get some good rain out of this thing. It seems to be hanging on down below us & should be east of us not until tonight.  We're getting some rain and winds now.  Talk to y'all later.

Daveslem

• Email
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 06:42:03 PM »
Keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers.
Later,
Dave Slemmer

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 08:53:47 PM »
6lbgun and I were on the Outer Banks at the same time week before last.  We went to a local relic museum and talked to the guy and he said when they get a hurricane it sucks the water out behind the islands and they search the CS forts Burnside's invasion bombarded that are otherwise covered in water.  I hope you can do likewise, take inspiration from these valiant Tar Heels, and get out of your collective fetal positions and go relic hunting!

Seriously, all the best to you as you weather the storm.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 12:21:00 AM »
I swapped some emails with Southern Mississippi forumite misipirelichtr today and he's up to about 10 inches of rain and no power since 5:30PM CT.   I bet rommack over near Port Hudson is getting his lawn deeply watered too!   I sure wish them and their families along with everyone else down that way the best and hope for no damage from the storm.
Best,
Carl

R. J. in LA

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 09:11:35 AM »
We were extremely fortunate here in Lafayette, LA, we were on the "good"side (west side) of Isaac. We had no flooding (no even close just normal rainfall), no wind damage (sustained winds at peak yesterday were 40+ mph with gusts up to 50+), and no loss of power. Our New Orleans and Baton Rouge offices are shut down again today and we are waiting to assess any damage there.
My thoughts and prayers go out to misipirelichtr and Ronnie (rommack) and everyone affected by this storm.
Now we need to get through the remaining two more months of hurricane season without another event.
Thank you all for your concern.

Dr. Beach

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 03:37:48 PM »
R.J., good to see your post.  A bullet dodged, I hope.

R. J. in LA

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 04:27:02 PM »
Yep, thanks Horace.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 11:34:48 PM »
I swapped voice messages with misipirelichtr and he fared well.  He said he got about 15 inches of rain and some down branches and trees but no house damage.  Still no power but he's got a generator and plenty of gas so doing better than many.  I tried to call rommack with no answer but hopefully he and his family are well and just communications services are down.

R.J.: Glad to hear from you that all is well.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 11:37:14 PM by CWArtillery »
Best,
Carl

coonboy

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 11:53:14 PM »
We came out fairly well in Natchitoches Parish. We had two large trees to blow down and got nearly two inches of rain that was very welcomed. No structural damage and no power outages.  It is still raining but ever so lightly.  Coonboy
Terry

misipirelichtr

• Email
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 10:42:14 AM »
I greatly appreciate Carl checking on me throughout, and he has passed along our situation in SW Mississippi as the storm went through.  To recap, we had about 15 1/2 inches of rain since daylight Wednesday, Some scattered trees down in our county, but all in all we feel extremely fortunate.  We still don't have power, but I'm hoping we get it back quicker this time than we did when Katrina came through (without power 13 days on that one).  But as Carl noted, we have a generator and plenty of gas.  I swapped messages with Rommark on Tuesday - he and his family were well prepared and planned to ride it out.  Tried to call him a couple of times yesterday, but did not make contact.  Hopefully he just got a little wet and he and his family are OK.