Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 8601 times)

Selma Brooke Gunner

• Email
« on: August 15, 2012, 02:26:13 PM »
Thanks Mike and Carl for the invite to the forums. I have to say that this past weekend at Marietta was for me an outstanding event. Thanks to my good friend Bill Lockridge I met a lot of people that shares a simular interest and to my wifes horror started a new one, I came home with the start of a fuse collection. Thanks for warm greeting that you gave me and I hope this turns into years of information sharing.
Gordon Thrasher
Selma Brooke Study
Kinston, Al
selmabrookestudy@yahoo.com

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 03:53:26 PM »
Welcome to the formum and it was great to see you at the show.  We look forward to your friendshp and knowledge here on the forum and at futures shows as well.

Funny thing about those collections.  There is always a start but never an end!   ;D
Best,
Carl

ETEX

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 05:03:02 PM »
Welcome aboard and look forward to any information you can provide on any of the topics on the site.

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 08:44:39 PM »
    nice meeting you the other day, Gordon !!

Pete George

• Email
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 08:26:59 AM »
  Selma Brooke Gunner, based on your posting name and you being a good friend of Lockridge, I like you already. :)  Welcome to the forum.

Regards,
Pete

Selma Brooke Gunner

• Email
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 01:11:28 PM »
Thanks all.
Gordon Thrasher
Selma Brooke Study
Kinston, Al
selmabrookestudy@yahoo.com

divedigger

• Email
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 09:46:51 AM »
thats how it starts, first they get you hooked on the fuses, then it escalates to sabots, then before you know it you are on the hard stuff, projectiles! You will notice that you are on ebay a lot, you have all the artillery dealers bookmarked. Your savings starts to vanish. Vacations are planned around shows and museum access, even relic shops. You fantasize about iron, you argue about french pronunciations. You even dream about the stuff. The only cure is divorce, your wife will keep you informed. Good luck, my name is David and I am an ironaholic.

Selma Hunter

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 11:15:27 AM »
Gordon -

First, you are to be commended (and your sanity questioned) for driving to and from Marietta in one day just to get your hands dirtied by a bunch of old iron, old brass, old books and some really crusty old collectors.  You are already clearly in need of an iron & brass oriented "12 step program" and you're barely into the game. 

Keep working on your field kit - I like what you did in organizing it to the point that I'll probably re-organize mine with the same kind of carrier & containers.   See?  You're sharing and contributing already and didn't even know it!

Remember, write in your will (for your bride's edification) that I wasn't the one who pushed you over the cliff - it was "some other guy" you met at a relic show.

rommack

• Email
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 02:40:12 PM »
Selmahunter ;  You out did yourself !!!    ronnie