Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Ebay  (Read 6203 times)

ETEX

Ebay
« on: March 31, 2012, 03:18:18 PM »
When did eBay quit listing the location of the sellers? First they took away the identifiction of the bidders and now you can live anywhere in the world and post ACW Bullets without your location being known until the end of the auction. For those that don't realize it there is fixin to be a bunch of Canadian Enfields listed as well as European dug bullets. I buy very, very, very few items from eBay and when I do it is from the people I know and have dealt with for years.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Ebay
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 07:11:53 PM »
Agreed.  Bad practice if that's what's happening.  They are very much erroding the community spirit that eBay originally had.  I wonder if it's at the seller's discretion to display that or if they removed it from everyone.  I guess on something you are really interested in you can contact the seller and ask.  I haven't been on eBay much lately so had not noticed.
Best,
Carl

Pete George

• Email
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 12:54:45 PM »
  ETEX, actually the "Item location" info is still shown on Ebay auction pages.  Look under the "Shipping" info.

Regards,
Pete

ETEX

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 01:12:15 PM »
Pete, thanks for pointing that out. I think they have changed the page because I thought the location was always under the "Sellers Information".

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 02:11:41 PM »
Good info.  I didn't see anyting that was labeled "ebay auction" but I was able to find the item location possibly at the same location being directed to by Pete.  When you go to the item by default it shows the information in the item "Description" tab.  The tabs are located just under the images on the upper left.  There is a 2nd tab "Shipping and payments".  If you click on this it gives the shipping options including where the item is to be shipped from.  Thanks.
Best,
Carl

swest47

• Email
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 02:59:09 PM »
If I plan on bidding on something I always message the owner and ask where the item was found.