Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Signing off temporarily  (Read 7764 times)

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Signing off temporarily
« on: March 02, 2012, 09:53:30 PM »
I am going to take a brief hiatus from the forum, guys.  Please keep it active (& civil) in my absence but I have a quarter to close out at work, my kids are coming home for Spring Break, my parents are aging before my eyes, I bought a very nice new shotgun to enjoy today, blah blah blah, and frankly I am a little weary of this scene for a range of reasons not limited to tone of discourse, volume of eMail and phone calls, assumptive misunderstood motives that this is not solely a collector-oriented venue and a couple other behaviors that have gotten under my skin.  Probably says more about me (& my limitations) than others but I feel I need to focus my energies elsewhere right now. 

The one thing I am sensitive to is new member registration.  I have registered quite a few in the past month or so (many lurkers only, but to me that is ok), but have to log in to do so.  If anyone wants to register, and Carl can’t get to it given he has a new job, please email me and I’ll jump on it.

Be good you guys.  See you all in the Spring. 

In the meantime and as a parting contribution, here is a 7in James bolt I recently acquired that I think is a collection centerpiece.  I won't be here to take shots of it from other angles or in better lighting than this quick snap on my basement floor so what you see here is what you get, but if you want more info on it, see Jack Bell's book on page 261.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Signing off temporarily
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 10:14:54 PM »
Mike,

Enjoy your break and I'll take care of the registrations.   We'll look forward to your return.
Best,
Carl

ETEX

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 04:59:25 AM »
Enjoy you time off and spend some quality time with your kids and parents. See ya when ya get back.

Dr. Beach

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 09:35:59 AM »
I will certainly miss your posts Mike, but taking time off is important.

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 11:28:50 AM »
Take care, will hear from you soon. Oh, salavating on that James, thanks.
It's not always "Survival of the fitest" sometimes the idiots get through.