Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Thank you Carl  (Read 2447 times)

misipirelichtr

• Email
Thank you Carl
« on: September 16, 2021, 09:24:22 PM »
I suspect a number of Forumites noticed the Bullet and Shell web site was a bit off its feed this week.  I am the last person who could tell you what technical snafus caused the problem, but i do know Carl spent a lot - a lot - of time and effort to get it straightened out.  Carl, thank you for all of your efforts - I can now drool over some of the iron and lead you and Mike post and also gain a wealth of knowledge from the experience and expertise of all who post on the Forum.  And it is always good to take a moment to thank you and Mike for what has to be a labor of love to host the Bullet and Shell web site that helps so many of us learn and further our collecting interests

Selma Hunter

Re: Thank you Carl
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 09:03:24 AM »
DITTO!

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 04:22:07 PM »
You are most welcome.  Glad to do it and I learn a lot here as well.  I've also made a good number of friends on this forum.  Hopefully we can get more active on it again.

One thing I noticed while looking it over is that the last post appears to be from August 7th.  It is hard to believe it has been that long and I'm wondering if they recovered with the most recent database.  Does anyone recall any posts since then?  I think I do but I'm not positive.
Best,
Carl

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2021, 05:30:15 PM »
I agree. Keeping up with any forum or web site is very time consuming. We appreciate your dedication. Surely a labor of love.
It's not always "Survival of the fitest" sometimes the idiots get through.

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 12:30:52 AM »
   yes, thank you Carl and Mike !!   We all appreciate what you do. I basically check this site every day. Not much gets added, but there is a great community sharing information, always find interesting information

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2021, 07:50:34 PM »
Hello.  The issue with adding is an issue with my ISP.  Mike and I both have items to add but can't.  Should be fixed soon.  I have been waiting to get a shipment of half shells back from the cutter and it came in the day the site broke.   >:(
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 11:57:29 PM by CarlS »
Best,
Carl

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2021, 11:57:06 PM »
I forgot to come back here and give an update but we are back up and running.  Hopefully it will be a long time before I have issues like this again.  Thanks for everyone's patience.
Best,
Carl

R. J. in LA

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2021, 07:04:18 PM »
Thanks to both of you, Mike and Carl, for what you guys do to keep this site going, well done!