Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Mansfield show  (Read 1840 times)

mramer

Mansfield show
« on: May 05, 2021, 08:30:50 PM »
Any word on how the Mansfield show went?

rwt13

Re: Mansfield show
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 12:20:35 PM »
I don’t participate in digital discussion boards but am making an exception for the 43rd  2021 Mansfield Ohio Civil War Artillery show.  Covid-19 caused the cancellation of all the Richland Fairgrounds 2020 revenue producing activities, including the Civil War Show,  which in turn caused all the permanent employees to be laid off. The Williams family with their usual cadre of faithful volunteers discovered before they could start setting up for the show it was necessary to clean up the fairgrounds since permanent staff no longer existed.  Stormy weather had been predicted and the crew and merchants experienced scattered showers on set-up day but the show dates turned out beautiful.  The crowds were large throughout the weekend, merchants were happy as the crowd was “in a buying mood”. Congratulations to the Williams family and all the show volunteers for once again making the show a fabulous success.

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 03:00:38 PM »
It was great seeing you, rwt, as well as so many others.  I missed the camaraderie that comes with the shows most in the absence of them.

As noted, a lot of pent up demand is making for a strong snapback at the shows.  Just booked for the Richmond, aka Ashland, Show in July, mramer, so hope to see you and many others there. or at least at Chattanooga the following weekend.  Its good to be back!

mramer

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 04:29:44 AM »
I am looking forward to the Richmond show and the new venue. I will see you there!

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 08:22:22 PM »
As Mike says it was great to see some people not seen for a long time.  That show in particular brings in some people that don't attend the eastern or southern shows so it had been two years since seeing many of them.  I especially enjoyed the night time dinners with some friends and out annual watching of the Derby.

I found the show well attended and buying strong.  Bought a lot of good relics including a few from eMike.  Sales were very strong.   When I get a chance I'll post some pics.  I still haven't unpacked. :(
Best,
Carl