Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: One of my most wanted...  (Read 1960 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
One of my most wanted...
« on: March 07, 2021, 08:08:10 AM »
While nearly no artillery walked into the Vicksburg Show, I did pick up some bullets that were on my want list.  We find a lot of Enfield variants around Kennesaw Mtn so I've always really liked them.  As such I always wanted a "solid cast Enfield".  In time I came to know they weren't Enfields but actually Greene Rifle 54-cal bullets.  Still I wanted one since they looked like the Enfields and I had always been looking for one.  A show patron came to my table to ask some artillery questions and during the conversation he showed me some bullets he had in a box.  In there were 5 of Greene rifle bullets.  Even more amazing he was willing to sell them at a fair price so I got them.  So I went from none to 5 very quickly.  Mark that off my list!
Best,
Carl

vcorps70

Re: One of my most wanted...
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 05:09:34 PM »
So the big question is, will any of these be offered for sale any time in the future?

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 05:13:42 PM »
For the time being no.  I am enjoying the group as they all came from the same spot and by the same digger.  I have two other people so far who want one if I sell. 
Best,
Carl

R. J. in LA

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 07:19:25 PM »
You did well on getting those Carl. Also, I appreciate you allowing me to see and hold them at the Vicksburg show along with the other bullets from this digger.

Jim T

• Thomas Publications
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 11:50:30 AM »
Where were they recovered?

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2021, 10:18:56 PM »
Jim,

They were recovered in a camp in the Red River Campaign area in a place called Grand Ecore just north of Natchitoches.  It seems well known to the relic hunters of the area.
Best,
Carl

ETEX

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2021, 10:16:15 AM »
Great bullets Carl