Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Dalton Is Coming!  (Read 3268 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Dalton Is Coming!
« on: January 15, 2021, 07:50:55 PM »
The Dalton Show is only two weeks away.  Put on your mask, wash your hands and come on down!  We'll be there with (literally) a ton of artillery and many other items.  Even if you aren't buying or selling stop by and say howdy.  This great show is a one of the biggest and best.

As always, this is a good time to drop off any cleaning or inerting of artillery.  It can be mailed back or delivered to the next show.
Best,
Carl

Dave the plumber

• Email
Re: Dalton Is Coming!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 06:50:56 AM »
   I'm planning on being there too.  Every decision will be right up until the last minute in this crazy world we all live in, at least for me.  Hopefully after spending 3 days around 1000 people, we will all come out of this with our health intact, our pockets heavy with cash, and the trunks of our cars dragging ass down the highway with all our new collection acquisitions !!

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 12:54:20 PM »
Here's hoping!  I'll be well masked and plenty of hand sanitizer on hand.
Best,
Carl

alwion

• Email
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 12:53:01 PM »
I am planning on going to Dalto 1st time ever as well. cu there  Alan, Rhiley, and Amy

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 11:21:28 AM »
It was a very good show.  Pent up demand continues to be strong for artillery!  I came back (to a snow covered) home 800lbs lighter.

Here's a picture of Saturday mid to late morning.

redbob

• Email
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2021, 05:34:31 PM »
You could have probably used it for ballast on the way home and if you left 800 pounds of old, how much in new toys did you bring home? Bring on the new goodies, I'm ready.

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2021, 07:45:20 PM »
You are very right that I needed ballast.  Made it, but here is the view out the front of my truck coming home:

redbob

• Email
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2021, 08:34:23 PM »
I'm glad that you made it home without incident, I've had that same view a few times; but it was usually fleeing Southbound to escape the white stuff. It does make a pretty picture though.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 08:35:52 PM by redbob »

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2021, 07:34:12 PM »
Born and raised in Florida. What is this mythical white stuff yall speaketh of?
It's not always "Survival of the fitest" sometimes the idiots get through.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2021, 07:34:13 PM »
Well Bullet and Shell (Mike and I) made the Civil War News newspaper so we are now famous.  Or should that be infamous?!!!?  It is at least free advertising.  :)   This is just a portion of what we had at the show.   It was very good and I'm hoping Vicksburg will be as good this weekend.

Note: For those who might ask, our masks are in our hands and were taken off briefly just for this picture.
Best,
Carl

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2021, 03:14:22 AM »
Nice Iron.
It's not always "Survival of the fitest" sometimes the idiots get through.

redbob

• Email
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2021, 03:26:14 PM »
A fine display and a well deserved write up that makes my back ache just looking at it. Also, I finally get to put faces with the names. Well done, gentlemen.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2021, 09:19:51 PM »
Thanks.  Dalton is a big show so we have more tables there and thus more iron.  But nothing like the year after Mike bought that big collection and we had some serious tonnage!  Fortunately he sold some serious tonnage so most of the work was in unloading.  But Dalton is a great show.  Lots to see and often acquire there.  It is one of the better artillery shows for me most years.  I've purchased a few good bullets there too.  That's where i got my .69 Gardner deep dish.
Best,
Carl