Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Charleston Show 2021  (Read 1871 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Charleston Show 2021
« on: December 19, 2020, 09:15:48 PM »
I plan to be there face mask, hand sanitizer and all.  For those healthy and cautious enough come down and visit.  I just bought a collection of big and small artillery, some bayonets, bulk bullets, etc so will have a good variety of artillery on hand unless everyone buys themselves a Christmas present beforehand.  I know of a number of other forumites that plan to attend.

As always if you need any drilling to inert or cleaning, the show is a good time to drop that off.

Hope to see you there.
Best,
Carl

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
Re: Charleston Show 2021
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 05:10:08 PM »
Wasn't able to go due to wifes schedule, even though I am off every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. But as fate would have it had to cover for someone Saturday. Hope everyone is having fun and getting their late Christmas gifts to themselves.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 05:47:08 PM by speedenforcer »
It's not always "Survival of the fitest" sometimes the idiots get through.

redbob

• Email
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 11:12:18 AM »
For the people that attended the Charleston Show, what were your opinions as to turn out, sellers present, prices, number and quality of items available for purchase and in general your opinions as to the future of upcoming shows and the upcoming season in these uncertain times.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 10:34:00 PM »
I had a very good show and I think most people had a good show.  To answer your questions:
  • Turnout seemed much better than expected most of Saturday. Butch and Anita (show promotors) were very happy with it.
  • Place looked pretty much sold out like it has in the past.
  • Lots of sellers present.  There were a few displays
  • Prices were good.  I had to pay big money for good things and lesser money for less quality as you would expect.  If you are asking if prices are coming down I would say "no".
  • Charleston isn't a big show compared to others like Dalton, Franklin, Mansfield, etc. but there were plenty of relics there.

Regarding the future of shows, I guess the best indicator of that is that American Digger added a new show in Chattanooga a couple years ago and this year the NSTCW added a new show in York.  My experience is that shows are alive and well.  Do they have the bounty of relics from the 80's?  No.  Do they have the big crowds of the 80's? No.  But they don't seem to be shrinking to me and perhaps even growing.  Dalton seems to get bigger each year.  Collectors are addicted and even during uncertain times they'll brave the times and get something for their collection.  I have a much harder time finding people to sell me relics than I do selling them.

Hope that helps!
Best,
Carl

redbob

• Email
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 08:40:08 AM »
It certainly answers my questions and thank you for your time.