Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: GETTYSBURG SHOW  (Read 12680 times)

gandycreek

Re: GETTYSBURG SHOW
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2017, 05:57:27 PM »
I'll be at the show again this year. As far as touring the battlefield you'll find the "hot spots" like The High Water Mark, Devils Den and Little Round Top heavily crowded and no parking spots. I don't even bother to visit the battlefield on this weekend, but I've been there dozens of times. The best time to visit is early spring and late fall.
  I'll be going to the show both days and walking to places around town. I stay in town so we don't need to drive as much.

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2017, 06:14:36 PM »
Now I am discouraged. :(
It's not always "Survival of the fitest" sometimes the idiots get through.

Lamar

• Email
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2017, 08:05:13 PM »
I've been hitting Gettysburg that weekend for the last 10 years or so, & I've never had a problem with those spots late Friday, early Saturday, or early Sunday.

I believe most people don't know you can walk the charge route, it's never been crowded when I've been there.

Watch out for the Boy Scout troops - I've never heard such goshawful language in a public place, the adults with them don't seem fazed at all!

If you see any Segway tours, & you're driving, pretend they're duckpins!

Where I see the biggest crowds are the ghost tours - what a racket!

gandycreek

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2017, 08:49:06 PM »
I've been hitting Gettysburg that weekend for the last 10 years or so, & I've never had a problem with those spots late Friday, early Saturday, or early Sunday.

I believe most people don't know you can walk the charge route, it's never been crowded when I've been there.

Watch out for the Boy Scout troops - I've never heard such goshawful language in a public place, the adults with them don't seem fazed at all!

If you see any Segway tours, & you're driving, pretend they're duckpins!

Where I see the biggest crowds are the ghost tours - what a racket!
Yeah, thats the ticket. Get out there early and beat the crowds. Mornings on the battlefield are great. Dont be discouraged , just have patience.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 08:51:47 PM by gandycreek »

gflower

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2017, 09:16:19 PM »
Speedenforcer,
Here is the name and number of the guide I used a few years ago. He did a great job and I agree with everything that has been posted. Best way to go is get a guide. Michael Strong 717-818-3066 mjstrongyork@comcast.net. It is a great park to be enjoyed and treasure the time you spend there. Have fun I'll be in Maine hunting relics on a WWI fort site(hoping to get some other goodies as well. Gary

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2017, 10:43:39 PM »
Thank you Judge, I will give him a call. good luck on your hunt.

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2017, 08:16:48 PM »
GETTYSBURG-----GETTYSBURG-----GETTYSBURG----- I guess I am getting to excited but 3.5 weeks right.

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2017, 09:15:03 PM »

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2017, 07:57:06 PM »
well, I guess I got the bug to go to Gettysburg too !!  I have to pick up some shells next week in Virginia, so I figured I might as well keep heading North and set up at the show. Called and got my tables reserved. So, I will have two tables of fine artillery deals and other relics to do some trading or selling. Come see me !!
      Man, hotels are an absolute rip off for that weekend.  Couldn't find anything reasonable within 30 miles .......                    David

gandycreek

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2017, 10:22:33 PM »
well, I guess I got the bug to go to Gettysburg too !!  I have to pick up some shells next week in Virginia, so I figured I might as well keep heading North and set up at the show. Called and got my tables reserved. So, I will have two tables of fine artillery deals and other relics to do some trading or selling. Come see me !!
      Man, hotels are an absolute rip off for that weekend.  Couldn't find anything reasonable within 30 miles .......                    David
I''ll be there . I guess I'll look for someone with artillery shells. :)

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2017, 07:54:41 PM »
Well we may just make it after all. wasn't sure. got real sick 3 days ago and no way were we going started getting better yesterday then this morning I woke extremely lethargic and sick to my stomach but this evening I am feeling great must of just been a stomach bug that's gone. no fever and feel fine now. not contagious. my son a couple of hours ago threw up all over the place so I say ok trip is back off again. but he's up running around no fever he just ate to much pizza at lunch time I guess. So on again off again is now ON AGAIN.

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2017, 09:25:29 PM »
Well he is sick again, probably not going.

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2017, 08:57:09 PM »
           just in case any of you were gonna stop by and say hi, I will not make it to the show this weekend, but I plan on setting up at Richmond as usual.

gandycreek

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2017, 10:12:29 PM »
Too bad. I was going to try to find you. I haven't  been to the Richmond show in years.

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2017, 06:51:53 AM »
woo hoo we are here got in on Thursday night. ;D Went to town and spent the day in Gburg all day Friday. it was BEAUTIFUL. Not crowded at all. We got an early start. was raining most of morning. ah trying to decide if we want to mover here. No it probably snows too much and I am a southern boy so I may have to stay in Dixie. But IT IS beautiful here.