Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Update: Login configuration change  (Read 5283 times)

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Update: Login configuration change
« on: July 05, 2015, 05:45:12 PM »
Members will notice a login requirement now to access the forum board postings, a slight change to the forum software configuration.  Sadly, it is the result of some non registered or non participating users poaching content from the website for their own profit motives as well as a couple inappropriate phone calls from thin skinned kooks. 

This new login protocol is temporary because if new people cannot access the forum, they will not see the content and therefore they will not join.  This results in a state of entropy with nothing new being added, and we don't want that.

Registering for the forum always has been and still is free and painless assuming you are not a robotic web crawler or from a non US country with a high history of malware and almost no history of interest in the American Civil War.  Bear with us and let’s see if this helps.  Thank you all.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 08:16:40 AM by emike123 »

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Re: Update: Login configuration change
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 06:43:42 PM »
I relaxed this protocol, and was immediately hit with an email.  The good news: it was the opportunity to save a Confederate cannon ball in a lady's basement.  I doubt she would've found me if she had to register to login, but I thought I would crow about a save situation, especially when much of what we hear about is well intentioned authorities blowing up history.  I have dispatched a highly trusted member of our community who lives near her to help out. 

I'd post a picture of her copper fused spherical shell, but someone who is too much of a wimp to be an active contributor has been right clicking on photos posted here to find geolocations and then going to the places.  Shame on you, you sneaky devil!  But we all know what a 12pdr spherical shell with a CS copper time fuse adapter looks like so picture it in your mind's eye.

It is opportunities like this one to save history that make the efforts of this forum worthwhile and which overcomes the antics we occasionally have to deal with some non contributing jerkwads who add nothing to what we are trying to do and only take from it.  Thank all of you who contribute, or even politely lurk, for creating a community that contributes to such a rewarding success as this one.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 07:49:17 PM by emike123 »

Ghost of Mac Mason

• Email
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 08:52:03 PM »
Bless you my son.  I have been in purgatory for a week for my past posting sins but am now absolved.  Thank you for making my penance time brief and may my adversaries return to defend their positions but methinks they are not men enough to.  Please prove me wrong "gentlemen."

It seems to me if participants on this forum are not free to comment about things such as dimwitswho sell fired bullets as rare variants, then read this forum and call you or Carl in a drunken late night rage, and finally modify their listing to make even less sense other than to show how truly ignorant they are, then this forum's primary function of educating people is at risk. 

Separately, we have our own special place in the afterlife for others who inappropriately expropriate photographs and other intellectual property for their own tawdry benefits.  "For the Lord is a God of justice."

Keep up the good work and know you have the backing of the not always silent majority.  To use a now overused word of my Lord, this forum is Awesome.

Godspeed.

ETEX

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 10:45:55 AM »
Welcome back Ghost.