Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Show News and Info  (Read 6574 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Show News and Info
« on: February 09, 2015, 10:59:34 PM »
Hello,

I was updating the show calendar on our site http://bulletandshell.com and thought it a good idea to share a bit of news that I recently found out regarding a couple shows:
  • The Marietta Show in August will be held at a different location in 2015 than it was in the past.  It is moving about 4 or 5 miles down the road to Jim Miller Park.  More info can be found on their website: http://ngrha.com/annual_show.htm  I believe the new location will hold a few more tables than the Cobb Civic Center.  Also everyone will be on one level with lots of parking and loading/unloading access.  Additionally it is a week later than it has historically been due to availability of the building at Jim Miller Park and will be the weekend of 8/15/2015.
  • I heard from Mike Kent at the Dalton Show that they will not beholding the Charleston Show in 2016.  The gate had gotten too small each of the past few years.  I have enjoyed the show and will miss it but admit that there was not a lot of attendance.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 11:01:28 PM by CarlS »
Best,
Carl

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Re: Show News and Info
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 11:16:08 PM »
I understand the rationale for the date and venue change location on the NGRHA Show, but it is messing with my life!

I suppose it is wishful thinking but I'd like to think some (retired?) person would pick up the slack and maintain the Charleston Show.  It's the only place we get to see a lot of folks.  If you can't make a decent amount of money off 200+ tables at $85 per, not including the gate, then I suppose it's a forlorn cause, but I bet it just got bumped due to a more lucrative gun show being held that weekend.  And, for my two cents, that is a show that should be moved back a week because so close after the New Year's holiday presents challenges.

pipedreamer65

• Email
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 08:04:56 AM »
Agree, I think a date adjustment for Charleston would have helped greatly.   

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 08:16:45 AM »
I had always wished it would have been in the summer to take advantage of the nearby beaches.
Best,
Carl

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 10:35:16 PM »
 I suggested they do a show in Charlotte, NC which would still be convenient to most people. One problem with Charleston, as any coastal town has, is that people can't come from the East, so you limit your customers right from the get-go. Charlotte is a rich town, known as the banking center of the south east, they are set up for conventions and trade shows and would be a good alternative to Charleston if Mike and Cathy Kent can't bring it back in 2016 to Charleston

Selma Hunter

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 07:38:35 AM »
All,

There isn't a Charlotte Relic show (yet) but the small one day Salisbury Relic Show will be held Friday Feb 27 5pm-8pm (set up) and Saturday Feb 28 9am-4pm.  The venue is a new one with the show to be held at the Event Center - Cornerstone Church via I-85 Exit 70 in Salisbury, NC.  Show sponsor Terry Teff can be reached at (704) 463-5439.

pipedreamer65

• Email
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 09:23:25 AM »
Yeah, the Salisbury show is a good little show.  I keep hearing that it's coming to an end though.  I recall going to the very first one back in the early 1990's.  It was in a small, cramped, SMOKE FILLED meeting room at the Holiday Inn. Couldn't tell if I was going to a CW Show or a bar...  Great items were to be found there though.   

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 09:57:43 AM »
Thanks for the updated info on Salisbury.  I've updated the show link on bulletandshell.com to show:
  • 23rd Salisbury Civil War Show - Salisbury, North Carolina on Friday, Feb. 27th (setup) 5PM to 8PM and Saturday, February 28th, 2015. The one day show will be held at the Event Center at the Cornerstone Church in Salisbury. Note this is a new location for this year. For information contact Terry Teff at 704-463-5439 or email cteff@carolina.rr.com.
I called Terry and they don't have a web page to point anyone at so you'll need to call him if you want a table.  They have a couple left.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 10:01:57 AM by CarlS »
Best,
Carl

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 10:03:26 AM »
Speaking of shows, does anyone have any information on the small Fredericksburg Show that should be coming up soon?  I am not talking about the NVRHA show.
Best,
Carl

John M. Brooke

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 01:25:13 PM »
I think its March 8 at the Eagles Lodge.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 01:31:54 PM »
John M. Brooke,

Thanks.  You gave me enough info to find it via Google:
    https://www.facebook.com/FredericksburgRelicHuntersCivilWarShow
Looks like it is the 7th:
  • This year's show will be held on March 7, 2015 at the Eagles Lodge located at 21 Cool Springs Rd, Fredericksburg, VA 22405. Questions or comments can be messaged here or emailed to FRHAshow@yahoo.com
I'll add it to our show list: http://www.bulletandshell.com/Stuff/Shows.htm
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 01:32:56 PM by CarlS »
Best,
Carl