Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Marietta Relic Show on 8/9 and 8/10!  (Read 5282 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Marietta Relic Show on 8/9 and 8/10!
« on: July 31, 2014, 07:31:31 PM »
Hello,

I thought I'd provide a reminder that the Marietta Relic Show is upon us.  While not nearly as big as Franklin or Mansfield or Richmond it is still a very good show with most of the big dealers there and many local people who don't have tables elsewhere.  I've always found it to be one of my favorite shows and not because it is in my backyard.  It is put on by the North Georgia Relic Hunters (ngrha.com) and they have been good about keeping it as much as they can pre-1895 and relic bountiful.   Sales are typically pretty good there and some good stuff comes in.  Quite a few forumites find their way there too.  Mike and RelicRunner and I will have at least two tables and are trying for three.  I've even heard rumors Pete might make it down with Steve Sylvia!  Hope to see many there!
Best,
Carl

Pete George

• Email
Re: Marietta Relic Show on 8/9 and 8/10!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 03:51:23 PM »
  I received an email from Steve Sylvia today, giving confirmation that he and I will be riding to this year's Marietta show together... and we will have adjoining tables there. I'm looking forward with pleasure to spending some time with each of my forum friends who will be attending that show. By the way, ScottFromAtlanta told me he will be there.

Regards,
Pete

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 09:07:23 PM »
  I've got two tables this year too, but since Mike has declared world domination on cast iron, I might just be selling Hummel's, Elvis coffee mugs and Franklin mint plates !!      I suggest all bring popcorn and a chair and watch Mike sell 3 tons of shells in one day !!
          Seriously, I will have a lot of good artillery available too.......

alwion

• Email
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 12:49:14 PM »
Mike and Carl could have there own show and fill all the tables. , well maybe better find something stronger than tables!!! , how many 100 lb round balls will a 8 ft table hold?  lol

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 02:13:32 PM »
Roughly 20 from a surface area perspective!  I don't think we'll see if that is the case from a weight perspective!  Not sure they were made to hold a ton.  But I must say that Dave the plumber has had to exceed 1000 pounds on a table at some shows I'm sure.  He frequently brings a lot of inventory and densely populates a table.
Best,
Carl

redbob

• Email
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 08:04:23 AM »
So, how did the Marietta Parade of Iron go? It was looking good Friday, I'm just sorry that I had to miss the "BIG" day. Plus, it was good to be able to put faces with some of the names.

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 09:33:00 AM »
Best-Show-Ever!!!!  I am more than a ton lighter today than I was Friday and my war chest is a good ways toward being replenished.  Dropped off another 750lbs along the way home too.   My first show purely as a seller -- normally I am trying to buy much more than sell.  Having inventory at affordable and attractive prices makes it almost impossible NOT to move things.  Was good seeing everyone there.  Carl, Jim and Brant were super helpful and deserve gold stars frags...

Still 10,000 pounds or so left for those who've been sitting on the sidelines!  Will have time to clean more by Richmond so that has the potential to be even better!

relicrunner

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 03:27:18 PM »
looking forward to the gold frags!!!!!

natdigger

• Email
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 12:03:34 PM »
750 pounds? I only bought 30 pounds. I feel like I need to do more of my part in ridding Mike of weight. :P