Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Archer frag  (Read 9789 times)

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
Archer frag
« on: May 28, 2011, 11:39:01 AM »
Does anyone have an Archer frag they are dying to part with. Lol. Cant afford a complete shell at this time but would like a frag for my frag collection. If you have one for sell, advise me price please.
                                                        Jay

It's not always "Survival of the fitest" sometimes the idiots get through.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Archer frag
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 08:36:31 AM »
That would certainly be a tough one to find given most Archers were bolts.  I do have a friend who has a piece of one but given he's a shrapnel collector as well I'm not sure he'd part with it.  I'll check with him.

One thing I've noticed a good bit lately on Ebay is the offering of Archer sabot pieces.  While it's often hard to tell without holding it for a good 3D view, I think many of them are pieces of Hotchkiss so be careful if you persue that route.
Best,
Carl

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 02:46:36 AM »
yes I know they are hard to find. thanks for the tip. let me know what you find out. I am sure your buddy wouldnt part with it.

gflower

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 08:41:53 PM »
Jay,
come by my office and I will show you a complete archer sabot off the shell that I found! Gary

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 09:58:09 PM »
Judge Flower
how is the parking around the court house, i heard there was alot of construction. What day is best for you. Mondays is best for me but my son has a doctors appointment tommorrow. I will try to call your secretary sometime in the week to make an appointment.
                         Jay

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 10:40:11 PM »
Jay, Here is a half 3.3-inch shell that was a groundburst and put back together.  Its from Fort Allegheny, West Virginia so maybe Ian can track you down a frag.  I got it at Mansfield this May, but am keeping it.  I do have a solid shot Archer bolt on our website.  I can try to break it into pieces for you ;-)  Otherwise, you should get it and pay me a couple bucks a week for a while...

Gary:

As we discussed, I'll be coming to a city near you very soon (Savannah).  Hopefully we can meet up or you can follow me back up a ways North as we talked about possibly doing.  Give me a call sometime and lets see if the logistics can work out.