Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Relic Hunting for Stone Cannon Balls  (Read 3556 times)

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Relic Hunting for Stone Cannon Balls
« on: June 28, 2014, 08:08:48 PM »
I just got back from a 2 day trip with Alwion as his guest with the Midwest Region Friends of Minerology on a field trip.  At Mansfield, Alan mentioned he is a rock hound and I told him I wanted to find a geode.  Well it turns out they are to minerologists practically what Dandelions are to florists, but he humored me and off I went with my tool belt, borrowed rock hammer, and 5 gallon buckets into a flooding stream.  The things were everywhere and I smacked open enough hollow ones to tic that item off my proverbial and literal "bucket list."  Today we went to a quarry that graciously let us in and found more sophisticated crystals.  I am very stiff but Alan got wounded helping me cut a vug of crystals out of a massive boulder and so he gets a purple flourite heart.  Anyway, I want to thank Alan and maybe we'll post some finds although they are a little bit pre Civil War.  I really appreciate this little community that introduced us and Alan's patience with a newb like me.  It was awesome.

Thank you Alwion!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 11:49:16 AM by emike123 »

alwion

• Email
Re: Relic Hunting for Stone Cannon Balls
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 08:46:41 PM »
glad you had I good time, I did!!!! hope we can do it again sometime  :D