Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Slider to a 3.8" James Shell  (Read 5832 times)

callicles

• Email
Slider to a 3.8" James Shell
« on: October 09, 2013, 02:07:08 AM »
I'm interested in exploring the cost of an "in good condition" slider to a James shell.  If there is anyone here who is willing to offer one for sale, I'd appreciate discussing price and condition.  If there is anyone else here who might tell me what I should expect to pay, or whom or where I should not buy from, I'd also appreciate such information.  Thanks

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Slider to a 3.8" James Shell
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 09:43:08 AM »
Hello,

While we don't have the slider part only for sale, Mike does have two sets of James fuses (cap and slider).  Note the two James fuse sets are different size anvil caps.  Also note that one slider has the ring around the top while the other is smooth.  (Perhaps someone can speak to the significance if any of that groove in a posting in the artillery section of the forum.)  Our site of items for sale is found at:
       http://www.bulletandshell.com
You can click on the "Fuses" tab to see the fuses offered.

Here is one in nice condition James slider on eBay:
           http://www.ebay.com/itm/111183450198
It does not appear to have any of the nipple on it but the slider body looks to be quite nice.
Best,
Carl

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 11:08:55 AM »
I have an extra one from the Shiloh area.  There are a couple different sizes.   My spare looks to be the same size as the one on ebay -- the one in the tie ring 3.8" James is usually or always smaller and I only have that size in a set that's listed where Carl pointed you.  Mine is for the regular type 3.8" James fuse system, dug, has the nipple and would be $75 but I also would take some canister balls in trade.  The one on ebay is currently a little less expensive, and may close for less (or more).  Drop me an email if you'd like to discuss further.

Pete George

• Email
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 05:24:24 PM »
  I've answered CWArtillery's question about the sliders, over in the Artillery category of this forum, as he requested.

Regards,
Pete

callicles

• Email
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 11:11:51 PM »
Thanks guys for all the responses. I'm heading out of town but will review the options given here.  Again, thanks