Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Bullets / Re: Trans-Mississippi Bullets
« Last post by aggiereb on June 28, 2023, 06:24:17 PM »
The best overview of the Musketoon bullets in in Tom Stelma's Some Civil War Bullets 2.

The Sterling Price bullet has been determined to probably be a Tennessee Rifle bullet.  See RBTR 4, bullet 230.  I think that's it.

The Baby Hawg, Mangeot, Cosmopolitan II, and other scarce/rare Trans-MS bullets are not generally addressed.  For the longest time many Eastern collectors didn't recognize the Trans-MS artifacts.  Only recently has that begun to change. 

There are a few magazine articles that address the Trans-MS bullets, written by Meigs Brainerd in North - South Trader.  He's a member of this Forum and can hopefully set you straight.  He's identified even more strange Trans-MS bullets than those you're aware of!!

Bullets / Trans-Mississippi Bullets
« Last post by ColtsPop on June 28, 2023, 09:00:53 AM »
I am interested in Trans-Mississippi bullets.  It seems many of the Confederate versions are not noted in Thomas and Thomas RR4.  I?m curious why they were left out?

For instance, there are no two ring Musketoons, Port Hudson, Jenkins Ferry or Arkansas.  Also no mention of Sterling Price, Cosmopolitan or Baby Hog. 

Does anyone know why?  Who has compiled a complete list?
Bullets / Re: Bullet ID help needed
« Last post by aggiereb on June 26, 2023, 03:57:41 PM »
T&T cross-references it to 171b.
Bullets / Re: Copy of Thomas Stelma Book or CD WANTED
« Last post by Dave on June 26, 2023, 02:28:38 PM »
Make that two copies please. Cannot find mine after a move and cannot find one available anywhere.
« Last post by ColtsPop on June 26, 2023, 09:02:46 AM »
Aggiereb what is it in Thomas and Thomas?
Bullets / Copy of Thomas Stelma Book or CD WANTED
« Last post by ColtsPop on June 26, 2023, 08:59:53 AM »
If anyone has, or could make, a copy of Stelma?s book version 2, I would pay for the printing and postage.
« Last post by Dave on June 24, 2023, 08:01:09 PM »
Thank you for the speedy response!  I believe you?re correct. Going through a pile of bullets. May have other requests in the near future lol.
Remembering The Great Ones / John McMinn
« Last post by rommack on June 24, 2023, 04:04:47 PM »
John and I hunted together for 10 years back in the 70's , the digging was real good back in those days. He was a great guy and one hell of a digger ! RIP John
« Last post by aggiereb on June 24, 2023, 02:39:57 PM »
Looks to be M&M 449 - Recut/double cut rings.

Bullets / Bullet ID help needed
« Last post by Dave on June 24, 2023, 10:27:26 AM »
It is exactly 1" by .58" and weighs 454 grains.  Found at Spanish Fort, AL.  Any ideas?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]