Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: "Relics of the Coastal Empire" book - highly recommended  (Read 8452 times)

misipirelichtr

• Email
"Relics of the Coastal Empire" book - highly recommended
« on: May 25, 2013, 11:00:13 PM »
Yesteerday, I received my copy of the new book "Relics of the Coastal Empire", a compilation of relics from coastal Georgia right up to Charleston, SC.  The book is put together by members of the Coastal Empire History Hunters Association, and features over 1,000 color photos of some of the neatest relics ever recovered in that part of the US.  Savannah, Beaufort, and Charleston are prominient entries.  Not as much big iron or lead as some on this forum might want, but as for buttons and highly personalized relics, this book is hard to beat.  Did I mention all relics are shown in color?  I'm not a member of the Coastal Empire History Hunters Association,  I don't have a single relic in the book, but I can and will highly recommend it to anyone with an interest in a wide variety of Civil War relics - from common to ultra rare.  This link will take you to the site where you can order it from the Coastal Empire History Hunters Association.  Carl and Mike, if I stepped over the line on this one, just wack me over the head a bit. cut and paste in your browser http://www.cehha.com/#

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: "Relics of the Coastal Empire" book - highly recommended
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 12:41:24 AM »
I haven't seen the book but I have no doubt that there are great relics shown.  They set up quite a display at the Charleston Show each year and I've always enjoyed it.  I suspect they also set up at the Savannah Show but I've yet to be able to make that one.  I'll certainly look for the book.
Best,
Carl