Relic Discussion > Miscellaneous

John Bartleson Jr Book Civil War Explosive Ordnance 1861-1865

(1/3) > >>

Bryan:
Any one thats is interested in Johns Book Civil War Explosive Ordnance 1861-1865 it is listed on E-BAY now.  If any one can post the link, I'm not good at it.  I was able to get one last year off E-BAY and have enjoyed it. 
It looks to be a orginial copy.

Bryan:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Civil-War-Heavy-Explosive-Ordnance-Book-Shells-Artillery-Cannon-Balls-/190829920704?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6e5981c0#ht_1205wt_1136 

Lets see if this works.  I"m learning. 

CarlS:
I have this book and it's a great one.  Greatly recommended for any artillery collector.  Now if everyone on this forum goes out and bids on this it might end up being the highest priced one ever! :)

Selma Brooke Gunner:
Already have my copy. Just didn't put two and two together. Great work, John. All I can say is Thank You for the info in your book.

John D. Bartleson Jr.:
Thank you for the kind comments.  That is an original book.   It originally sold for $3.50 from the GPO.   I have seen one go for $99.00 on ebay. I don't think it is worth that much.  There are some errors in the book based on what was known at the time so I acknowledge them and you will know which is which.
Regards,
John
P.S. If it has a staple or staple hole in the front cover then it was originally issued to a military EOD team.  An EODB cover letter was attached to the field guide to make it official.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version