Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Mansfield is coming up!  (Read 13839 times)

6lbgun

• If at first you don't Secede, try, try again.
    • Email
Re: Mansfield is coming up!
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 06:45:44 PM »
Pete,
   I sent you an email about it.
Dan

Pete George

• Email
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2013, 08:48:23 PM »
  Thanks, Dan.  I've received your email and sent you a reply.

I'm looking forward to meeting you and our other forum friends at Mansfield.

Regards,
Pete

tom buckley

• Email
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2013, 07:56:21 AM »
Planning to be at Mansfield Saturday morning. I'm looking forward to meeting forum members and finding new additions to my collection.
The weather should be great, partly cloudy and 70.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 09:51:18 AM by tom buckley »

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2013, 10:59:14 PM »
Friday set up day was as beautiful as you could ask for.  Lots of good relics and met and talked to many forum members.  Very enjoyable day.   
Best,
Carl

joevann

• Email
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2013, 05:57:41 AM »
I'm way in the back building.  The john something or other, but you better hurry.  The show hasn't even opened yet and these wheeler-dealers are cleaning me out!

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2013, 10:05:34 AM »
       well, probably half the forum members or more are up at Mansfield right now. So guys, let's here some stories of what goodies were found and purchased when you return.......

tom buckley

• Email
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2013, 05:03:08 PM »
I had a good time at Mansfield yesterday.
I got a got a couple of nice bullets and a cool shell frag from Mike and Carl and got to meet 6lbgun. After all these years I finally met Pete George in person, a real expert and a true gentleman.
I did stray a bit. I had been saving for a carbine buckle and batwing and bought a set from Tom Hayes. In the junk tub I found an odd looking coin for a dollar and on cleaning it a bit found that I had a 1730 George II penny. But brass and copper will never quite take the place of lead. ;)

joevann

• Email
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2013, 06:02:58 PM »
Had an enormously good time at Mansfield and really enjoyed meeting and talking with the other forum members.  This was the first time I've ever exhibited anywhere, and even though my table was way back in the hinterland with the Nazi and Jap collectors, I had a good time and it took much less time to load than it did to unload.   I was able to fill several holes in my collection while making a decent return on toys are no longer play with.  I think I found some new friends, too.

jonpatterson

• Email
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2013, 10:21:43 PM »
Having only started collecting a bit over a year ago, this was my first time to go to Mansfield. The weather was great. I had the pleasure of finally meeting Carl for the first time, as well as forum members joevann (with cowboy hat and fiddle), 6lbgun, Jack Melton, Pete George, Jack Bell, Col. John Biemeck and then oldammo from the bullet side. All of whom are great guys to chat with and compare interests. Of course Mike was there and he showed me around some so I didn’t miss seeing the artillery building. I know I met other forum members, so please excuse my poor memory of names. Besides buying some small stuff like bullets and fuses, I picked up a 7 pound James Shell I had purchased a couple months ago and was too cheap to pay for shipping knowing I could pick it up at the show. I also bought a nice 3” Read from Carl. Twenty minutes before the show closed, when I thought the fun time was coming to an end and it was time to pack up and leave, my cell phone rang. It was the “Sons of Confederate Veterans” calling to inform me I had won the raffle for a copy of “A Short History of the Confederate States of America” by Jefferson Davis. My weekend was now complete. I am already looking forward to doing it again next year.
It is history that teaches us to hope.

Robert E. Lee

Selma Brooke Gunner

• Email
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2013, 03:39:50 AM »
Sounds as though you had a very rewarding time. Congratulation.
Gordon Thrasher
Selma Brooke Study
Kinston, Al
selmabrookestudy@yahoo.com

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2013, 11:40:22 PM »
What a super show.  I had a great time and it was really nice to spend time with many people that I only get to see at some shows. Jon and I got to talk a good deal and I saw his incredible 7-inch James shell he brought.  I even had dinner with JoeVann on Friday who is a wealth of information.  Had a great time talking and looking at relics with 6lbgun.  As always it was fun watching RelicRunner run up and down all the isles looking for a great deal.   Spent time talking to Jack Melton, Jack Bell and Pete George as well as many of the other well known names in the hobby such as Steve Sylvia, Mike O'Donnell, Lewis Leigh, etc.  The cannon firing is always fun to watch and experince. I recommend that everyone plan to attend next year.

One very neat experience at the show was getting John Biemeck's book.  Wow.  What a resource.  If you are serious about artillery it is a must have full of useful and interesting information.   Plus it's always a great experience talking to John.
Best,
Carl