Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Mansfield is coming up!  (Read 13838 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Mansfield is coming up!
« on: April 11, 2013, 04:27:55 PM »
Hello friends, the Mansfield Show is coming up!!  This is one monster show with lots of living history and cannon firing you'll really enjoy.   For lots of details, see:
      http://www.ohiocivilwarshow.com/
Wayne and company put on a great show.  Mike and I have a table there and hope you'll make the show and come by to visit.  Looks like RelicRunner is going to join us and I'm trying to get TraderSean to join as well.  Let us know if you'll make it so we can keep an eye out for you.  I believe John (Relic Doc) will be there as well with his new Artillery book.  I plan to get a signed copy at the show.

Also, if anyone needs any drilling done, this is a good time to bring some shells.  I can mail them back to you once the bad stuff is removed.  You can also bring stuff for me to clean.
Best,
Carl

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Mansfield is coming up!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 04:31:07 PM »
One thing about the show I forgot to mention is that it covers 1775 thur 1945 so it includes the world wars and earlier.  The show is in seven buildings on the fairground with 750 tables. 
Best,
Carl

joevann

• Email
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 09:13:30 AM »
I do believe I shall attend!

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 10:47:14 AM »
Excellent. I'm very much looking forward to meeting you.  We have historically been just inside the doors of the what I think I recall is the "Arts and Crafts" buiding.  It is the one in the center just to the left of the big hall.  Mike may remember more detail and can correct my recollection.
Best,
Carl

jonpatterson

• Email
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 10:57:31 AM »
Carl,

I will be attending for the first time. Previously I only have been to the show in Wheaton, IL, so looking forward to attending a REAL show.  I already have a shell I purchased to pickup while there. Looking forward to meeting you and other forum members.  Also have a 8" mortar shell to drop off to be cleaned.
It is history that teaches us to hope.

Robert E. Lee

mccaul

• Email
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 02:15:05 PM »
I plan on being at the show on Saturday and could let everyone know where your table will be for sure?  Thanks,

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 03:27:44 PM »
Jon,

I won't make the Wheaton Show but Mike will.  In fact he has a table.

I look forward to seeing you at Mansfield.
Best,
Carl

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 10:01:17 PM »
I saw Relic Doc and Col Biemick today at the NVRHA show in Fredericksburg. John was selling books as fast as his pen could sign them. Relic Doc is not going but John will be at Mansfield over by Jack Melton.  I will have some of his books for sale at Wheaton.

Last year Jack was in the leftmost of the 3 buildings and I had his old spot in the middle ( Arts and Crafts) building, second aisle in from right wall, right side, third or fourth table from front.  I assume it will be the same location this year. 

I believe a couple other forum members are going to Mansfield, but will let them speak for themselves.

Jon, bring the 8" ball to Mansfield, not Wheaton.  Carl is the guy who can clean the bigger shells, not me.

jonpatterson

• Email
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 12:22:32 AM »
Mike,

The 8" for sure goes to Mansfield for Carl. I was going to ask you in Wheaton whether Carl was going to be in Mansfield or not, but I guess that has been answered. Can you clean a 20 pnd Parrott or should that go to Mansfield for Carl also?  Only one more week until Wheaton and looking forward to it.   See you there.

Jon.

Robert E. Lee

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 06:46:19 AM »
I can handle a 20pdr, but Carl so loves getting filthy cleaning shells, that I'd feel like I had stolen a baby's lolipop if I took the job from him ;-)

Carl does very good work. I even have been known to let him work on my shells once or twice (a month)....

tom buckley

• Email
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2013, 10:48:38 AM »
I'm planning on being there. :)

jonpatterson

• Email
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2013, 11:12:45 AM »
Mike,

I will take the 20 pnd Parrott to Mansfield for Carl. When you gave me the tour of your collection, I remember you saying you send of some of your items to Carl to clean. I have at least one item I bought from him that I assume he cleaned and have seen others and definitely agree he does great work.  Thanks

Jon

Robert E. Lee

6lbgun

• If at first you don't Secede, try, try again.
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, 09:43:06 PM »
 I have a table in the Fairhaven building.  Looking forward to meeting other forum members.
Dan                 

joevann

• Email
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 09:01:11 PM »
I will be having a table, too!  Don't know which building yet, but have my reservation at the Holiday Inn.  I'll have swords, fuzes, maybe some projectiles, books, a general variety of stuff.  Stop on bu and say HI!.  I'll be the guy with the cowboy hat and the fiddle!

Pete George

• Email
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 03:07:59 PM »
I wasn't expecting to be able to attend the Mansfield show, but miracles happen.  I'll be there, at Steve Sylvia's table, which I've been told is located in the Youth building.  I'm bringing some shells, fuzes, and other relics.

Please stop by and introduce yourselves -- beginning with your forum posting-name. :)

Due to being surprised by the opportunity to go to the show at the last minute, I'm looking for a table-holder who has an inexpensively priced hotel/motel room and is willing to share it in exchange for splitting the cost.

Regards,
Pete