Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Swimming to Mansfield  (Read 9301 times)

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Swimming to Mansfield
« on: April 18, 2013, 04:25:26 PM »
Looked like I might have to after today's flooding, but this truck showed up in front of my house and started sucking up all the water into little plastic bottles.

jonpatterson

• Email
Re: Swimming to Mansfield
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 05:02:04 PM »
Cute.

Hope you didn't get any water in your relic room. I figure you still have some items stacked on the floor.
It is history that teaches us to hope.

Robert E. Lee

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 05:27:29 PM »
Mike's just bragging that he's got water front property.   ;D
Best,
Carl

redbob

• Email
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 05:58:46 PM »
Mike's just bragging that he's got water front property.   ;D

plus a nice neighborhood and a really green yard, I also hope that you didn't have any worse damage than soggy turf.

R. J. in LA

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 06:53:58 PM »
Wow Mike, looks like you're on the banks of the Bayou Teche in south Louisiana!  :)
Seriously, hopefully the water was contained only in the streets and drainage areas and didn't affect you any more than that.

R. J.

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 08:34:36 PM »
              the earth will shift on it's axis if Mike has to send all that cast iron down to Carl to run through electrolysis to clean it up !!        Wait and see..........            and they say cow farts were causing climate change  - emike will finish civilization off himself !!

gflower

Re: Surf lessons anyone?
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 09:14:21 PM »
Maybe I should send you up a surfboard. Looks clean and glassy just about rideable.

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 10:59:02 PM »
A little water got inside but no damage thankfully.  I was better off than tens of thousands of folks around here including my sister whose basement flooded with water backing up her laundry sink.  Out where the Wheaton Show is held this coming weekend they got over 6" of rain last night.  Still raining, but nothing like that.  All three of the major highways into the city and the train were closed at times. 

Not visible in the picture are 2 cars just right of this bobbing in the bow wave from that truck.  A VW turned into a U-Boat and a drowned SUV.  High School kids teaching us that the Chicago educational system is as bad as advertised in that they don't know enough not to drive through 3' deep water.

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 06:58:39 AM »
       as a plumber I hate to say it, but that probably wasn't water backing up through a laundry sink into your sisters basement.........      if she calls you to help clean it up, may I suggest you go out of town somewhere instead !!