Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: STORAGE WARS  (Read 7931 times)

PIA

STORAGE WARS
« on: February 08, 2013, 05:01:19 PM »
I could be mistaken, but think that one of those 'Reality' shows on TV now days is Storage Wars.  Folks go out and bid on/acquire those lock-up places where others have stored stuff...which they left for several months without paying the rent.  A couple of decades ago a fellow approached me with something he had found in a dresser drawer in one such storage unit which he bought at auction for $75.00.  Wanted to know if it was worth anything.  I verified that it WAS worth something!  This was the first and only CS with Stars CS belt plate I have ever seen outside of a museum.  One hook was broken off the back.  Beatuful specimen.  Bought it from him at a VERY great markup of what he paid for it!  He was happy and so was I.   

divedigger

• Email
Re: STORAGE WARS
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 08:04:10 PM »
that is the ultimate!

PIA

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 08:56:39 PM »
The only thing better would be to dig one yourself.  There are a few of them out there yet.  Go for it!

gflower

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 09:44:02 PM »
Saw one mounted on a board in a guys house! Tried for years to talk him out of it. Still no luck.

ETEX

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 04:03:07 AM »
That is an absolute beauty Gary. Thanks for sharing the photo with us.

Lowcountry83

• Email
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 11:42:03 PM »
Wow that's a great find. Nick has one for sale on his site right now. His is definitely at quite a markup from $75.

Stephen