Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: "Diggers"  (Read 8351 times)

joevann

• Email
"Diggers"
« on: February 01, 2013, 10:37:49 PM »
I just watched 'Diggers' on the National Georaphic Channel for the first time.  I don't think I will ever watch again.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 11:21:24 AM by joevann »

PIA

Re: "Diggers"
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 10:42:56 AM »
I feel your pain.

tom buckley

• Email
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 12:33:27 PM »
Those guys are more than a little immature and annoying. Anybody ever used the terms "nectar" or "juice"?
I will keep watching it because my wife gave me a Garrett AT Pro for Christmas. While I'm  sitting around waiting for the weather to improve, I am learning a little about modern detectors. (The AT Pro is a big jump from my old Freedom Ace.)
Is it Spring yet? :(

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 06:52:32 AM »
  I find them extremely annoying. I've tried watching 2 episodes now, haven't gotten through one yet.        I wonder what exec. thinks that the viewing public will find this as 'entertainment', and not just  set up bullshit. I find them extremely annoying and grating on my nerves and sensiibities as a digger myself......    don't waste your time watching them. There are alot of 'home made' well done real life diggers posting on you tube. Type in 'Saving History' on youtube, this fella has produced a good series of informative videos that are far more ' palatable' and more professional and responsible

joevann

• Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 02:58:54 PM »
I bought my first metal detector (Garrett) with the proceeds from my paper route at the age of 12.  So I guess I've been digging for 47 years now.  Thirty-eight were as a professional with the Army, Navy, Corps of Engineers and National Park Service.  I've used most commercial and military models, cesium magnetometers, etc.  I've never seen dipwads like this.  They are the the reason that so many public places have signs that say "NO METAL DETECTING"  They should be barred from ever leaving Montana.

PIA

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 03:20:18 PM »
I will admit that ONE TIME I acted a fool in the manner those guys on the two relic hunting shows do each episode.  December 12, 1987, near Oxford, MS.  A friend invited me to hunt one of his spots and I dug a perfect Leech & Rigdon CS spur.  The find was so unexpected..something I would have never dreamed of finding...that I literally was jumping up and down and finally had to hug a tree to calm down.  VERY glad that was not filmed!  By the way, I have acted a fool on other occasions but that was the only time while relic hunting.

tom buckley

• Email
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 04:16:31 PM »
A Leech & Rigdon spur is excusable. Those guys get excited over a wheat penny.
Is that what they would call "Sweet nectar from the earth, baby"?  ::)