Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: FUN OLD STUFF  (Read 7052 times)

PIA

FUN OLD STUFF
« on: February 01, 2013, 07:24:54 PM »
Came upon some old pictures of stuff I dug 'back in the day'.  I will post them on here as the artifacts have good homes and the pictures are just that.  Just imagine the FUN of finding the things, though!
Hope y'all enjoy.
Gary 

PIA

Re: FUN OLD STUFF
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 07:50:51 PM »
OK, as usual I'm not up to date on all htis computer stuff.  The picture is small.  Just wait untill I mess up all the other ones!  Anyway, the pistol shown was dug in a company size camp between Corinth, MS, and Shiloh back in the late 1970's.  I took three Minnosota Yankees on a hunt around the area.  This small camp had been discovered by a friend and myself a year earlier.  On this day the three of them and myself covered the area with a few finds, but one of them dug nothing.  I got a signal under a bush and called out for him to come dig it.  He, however, failed to come over (was digging shotgun shells) and I became tired of wainting around, although his two other friends did arrive.  Well, he was thar and I grew tired of waiting for him so I dug the signal.  And there it was...a 'Civil War Saturday Night Special' .44 single shot pistol.  Years later I gave the pistol to a a very good friend named Bob who owned property on a battlefield/camp in Mississippi in thanks for allowing me to hunt there with him.  Bob hunted but was not very good at it.  Actually, a few years later Bob happened to dig a twin of the pistol I gave to him!  Go figure.
Gary