Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Charleston Show  (Read 10158 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Charleston Show
« on: January 03, 2013, 11:49:41 PM »
Hello All,

The Charleston Show is this weekend.  I'll be there with a table and will have a 'Bullet and Shell" logo sign on the table.  If you can make the show, please come by and say 'hello'.  I know Davetheplumber and relicrunner will be there along with a few others.  The show is Saturday and Sunday with Charleston being one of the best places around to visit.  Hope to see you there.

Additionally Mike can't make the show so there might be something left for the rest of us.   ;D
Best,
Carl

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Re: Charleston Show
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 12:41:17 PM »
Yes, some of us are chained to our desks doing our real jobs and can't screw off all weekend.  Thanks however Carl for sending back this picture of the Plumber at his table selling some rich guy a rare "CS" belt rig.

divedigger

• Email
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 04:28:34 PM »
he looks so sincere

jonpatterson

• Email
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 02:18:38 PM »
Hey Mike,
I guess the mean ol' boss has "unchained" you from your desk by now. How is the construction coming on your display shelves inspired by Gary, Nick and my visits? Does that mean you will be charging admission of future visitors to defray the construction costs?  :)  Getting lots of comments on the James bolt now proudly displayed on a "trash picked" wood hexagonal aquarium stand. Hey, I'm not proud. It was cheaper and easier than building something myself...and looks great.  Take care.
It is history that teaches us to hope.

Robert E. Lee

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 04:00:43 PM »
Well not sure you'd recognize the place.  Making some progress...you can see the crates that I unpacked still on right.

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 04:01:11 PM »
Still a few more crates to unpack.  I don't think I will unpack them all unless I get a new building for this stuff.

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 04:03:39 PM »
...and I haven't straightened up this stuff fully yet either...

Congrats on your James bolt.  Its a beauty.  But it sounds like its lonely so come get something else!

jonpatterson

• Email
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 05:15:42 PM »
Yea, it is sorta lonely (and embarrassing) having to hang out with a "common" 12 pounder and a Bormann 12 pounder.  :) Hopefully it will be getting some new "neighbors" this Spring.
Looks like you have gotten a lot accomplished, even if you have more to go. It looks good. Hope the photo works out. First attempt at posting one.  (And no, the walls aren's as ugly of blue as the photo makes them look!!)
It is history that teaches us to hope.

Robert E. Lee

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 08:38:08 PM »
I like it, but Garfield says go get some more!

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 11:09:14 PM »
Nice job on the shelving Mike.  I know you'll really be happy to have it all out on display.  I hope one day I can get in the area and beg an invite to see it.

To get back on topic regarding  the Charleston Show, from my perspective it was pretty good.  I saw LowCountry83, Relic Runner, DiveDigger,DaveThePlumber, TraderSean, and some others.  Was great to see everyone.

The gate was up considerably over last year.  I stopped and talked to Cathy Kent (Mike Kent's wife; they put on the show) and she said the door was great.  It was up about 20% over last year.  So they did their job to get people in the door.  I sold a lot of items so things were selling but I sold nothing of high value.  Of course I had very little of high value to offer.  Once people get in the door I guess the table holder's job is to have good valued relics and they'll sell.

Dalton's next!  Make plans now.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:36:28 PM by CWArtillery »
Best,
Carl

Lowcountry83

• Email
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 10:32:40 AM »
I thought it was a great show as well. I was hoping for more heavy iron but I still came away with a couple nice pieces. It was definitely crowded and everyone seemed to be buying. It was nice to meet you Carl and divedigger. Hope you guys found something you couldn't live without.

Stephen

divedigger

• Email
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 08:26:26 AM »
I had a great time as well. Met some new people and saw some old friends. I love going to Charleston.

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 02:28:54 AM »
NICE SHELLS IN THOSE PICS.
It's not always "Survival of the fitest" sometimes the idiots get through.