Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Happy Holidays To All  (Read 9949 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Happy Holidays To All
« on: December 23, 2012, 05:33:11 PM »
To all I wish you a Happy Holidays!  Whether it is Christmas, Hanukkah, New Years, any other that holiday you keep or just some off days to rest and spend with family and friends, I wish you the best. 

Here’s to the end of a crazy 2012 and hopes for an even better 2013. I look forward to spending time next year with my many friends on the forum and in the hobby.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 03:56:52 PM by CWArtillery »
Best,
Carl

Dr. Beach

Re: Happpy Holidays To All
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 12:10:18 PM »
Indeed, Carl.  Thank you.  I’m thinking of all my Forum colleagues during this end of the year and the beginning of the new.

R. J. in LA

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 12:26:22 PM »
Thanks Carl & Horace!  Merry Christmas to you & your families & to all the other forum members & their families!

ETEX

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 12:56:40 PM »
Thanks Carl, Horace, and R.J. Wishing a Merry Christmas to yall and each and every forum member and guest.

Daveslem

• Email
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 03:56:18 PM »
Merry Christmas! God bless us, everyone!
Later,
Dave Slemmer

tom buckley

• Email
Re: Happy Holidays To All
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 05:40:41 PM »
Merry Christmas to all.

misipirelichtr

• Email
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 06:19:16 PM »
Thanks to Mike and Carl starting this forum, 2012 has been a year I've met several great folks who are consumed with the passion for collecting relics from the Civil War.  Hope to get to meet a few more of you in 2013.  Merry Christmas to all, and the best to you and your families in 2013.

Selma Brooke Gunner

• Email
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 12:07:19 AM »
To Everyone,
   From my family to you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May it be safe and prosperous for you.
Gordon Thrasher
Selma Brooke Study
Kinston, Al
selmabrookestudy@yahoo.com

rommack

• Email
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 10:00:50 AM »
Merry Christmas too all and a Happy New Year !

Lamar

• Email
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 02:00:30 PM »
Merry Christmas and a brave new year to all of you!

Robert E. Lee's sword

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2012, 04:55:35 PM »
Merry Christmas everybody.  Inspired by Gary, Jon and Nick Periut's visit spent rummaging through crates to see things, my brother-in-law and I have been building 11' x 5' x 10" heavy duty shelves as my present.

Hope everyone else's holiday is also "constructive," or at least peaceful and happy.

gflower

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 11:53:25 PM »
Happy Holidays to all. Inspired by Mikes trove I have dusted off the old Naugty and started dreaming of digging those iron gems again. Only a true iron lover would appreciate an afternoon spent in Mike's basement opening crates, drinking beer and handling lots of rare shells. As I said to Mike " We are the only people on earth doing this today"! A true highlight of 2012 for me.

jdjjdd

• Email
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2012, 05:56:38 PM »
New to this forum. How do I post a picture and question asking for help identifying something? Thanks, Jeff

Pete George

• Email
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 07:23:53 PM »
For Jdjjdd:
1- Log in.
2- Go the the category (Artillery, Bullets, Miscellaneous, etc) where your post will be on-topic.
3- Click on "New Post".
4- Type your post's Subject/Title, and whatever text you want to accompany the photo.
5- Click on Attachments and Other Options.
6- Click on Browse -- which opens a new window titled "Choose file to upload".  That will allow to to go to a particular folder on your computer's hard-drive where the photo/imagefile is stored. Open that folder, then click on the photo/imagefile you want to post.
7- Click "Open"
8- Click "Post"

Important note: The filesize of the image (or total filesize of several images) you want to attach to a post is limited to 256kb.  If your post exceeds that limit, the forum software will reject it.

Regards,
Pete

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2012, 08:37:12 PM »
Pete: Thanks for helping out our newest member on the quick steps to posting.

Jeff: As pete says, the image sizes are limited to keep the disk space managable.   But there is no question that big clear pictures help a lot when showing or describing.  For those we recommend and external image hosting service that allow the images to show inline.  Then there is no practical limit on the size or number you post in a topic.  I recommend PhotoBucket since I use it but there are others probably just as good or better.  The steps to using PhotoBucket are:

Photo Posting
===================
The recommended way to post images is with a free 3rd party image site such as Photobucket (photobucket.com).  You'll need to create a user to use this.  It's free.  You just have to see a few ads while you use it but they aren't too bad.  The steps to add an image are:
1) Log into photobucket
2) Upload the image you want to share on the forum.  I created an album called "Forum Images" to hold the images I share to the forum.
3) Find the image in your album and put your mouse over it.  You should see a menu show up under the image with a 4 fields under it.  Move your mouse over the last field and it should then say "Copied".  The link to your image is now in your cut-n-paste buffer.
4) Open the topic in the forum you'd like to post the image in.  At the point you want the image to display in your posting, past it there (right click with mouse and then choose 'paste'.  It will deposit some img code there. 
5) Save your post and when it's viewed you'll see your image.  The image is not saved on the forum site but downloaded from photobucket.com. 
6) Remember that if you purge your image on photobucket.com it will no longer be present on the forum either.

Let me know if you have any questions or issues and I'll try to help.
Best,
Carl