Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Thanksgiving  (Read 8354 times)

ETEX

Thanksgiving
« on: November 22, 2012, 03:41:35 AM »
Just got in after a shift and it's Thanksgiving morning. Hope all have a great Thanksgiving Holiday and if you are traveling I hope you get to your destination and home safely.

divedigger

• Email
Re: Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 06:36:47 AM »
thank you, and the same to you, now get some rest!!

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 08:38:47 AM »
I just spent the last two days laying to rest the 45 year old younger brother of one of my dearest friends.  One of the fond remembrances his mom had was them always going to Starbucks together during her visits with him in his final weeks.  Its the simple things really.  If that doesn't put Thanksgiving in perspective for the rest of us still around to watch football and gorge ourselves today, I don't know what would.

And I am very thankful for so much -- our little community here being one of those pearls.

Thank you guys...have a nice day with your loved ones.

Pete George

• Email
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 11:19:45 AM »
  Well said, Mike.  I agree.

Unfortunately, the human mind has a strong tendency to focus on the Negatives in our life.  It tends to dwell on what you lack, instead of appreciating what you've got.  (Note, "what you've got" includes non-material things, such as American Citizenship, and access to 21st-century medicine.)

For example, here's a Thought-Experiment:
  Let's say 20 things happen to you in a day, 19 of the 20 "go well," and 1 of the 20 doesn't go well.  In the human mind, the 19 good things tends to be entirely outweighed by the one bad thing ...and the mind then dwells for days -- or longer -- on the one bad thing.  I've learned (the hard way) that instead of focusing on the Negative, I must keep my mind focused on all the Positives in my life.

Focusing on the blessings in my life, I'm grateful that many of the good people in this forum have become my friends.  May everybody here have a blessed and safe Thanksgiving holiday.

Regards,
Pete

Selma Brooke Gunner

• Email
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 12:57:46 PM »
To All,
   I wish each of you a safe and Happy Thanksgiving. As has been said it is the things that we have and take for granted that we really need to be thankful for.
Gordon Thrasher
Selma Brooke Study
Kinston, Al
selmabrookestudy@yahoo.com

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 02:03:47 PM »
Well said by all.  I am thankful for this group and the many friends I've made here and in this hobby.   Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Best,
Carl

Selma Hunter

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 05:52:56 PM »
All -

FWIW, ditto the above.  THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL THAT YOU DO.

Bill