Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Richmond Show  (Read 10028 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Richmond Show
« on: November 09, 2012, 11:17:01 AM »
Hello,

Mike and I will have a table at the Richmond Show and hope everyone who gets a chance will drop by.  It will be good to chat in person for a bit.  I am looking forward to the show as it's always a great show.

Also, if you have any shells you want drilled, you can drop them off at the show.  We can mail back or bring to Franklin/Nashville.
Best,
Carl

Pete George

• Email
Re: Richmond Show
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 08:00:11 PM »
  I'll have my table there as usual, with shells, fuzes, and various other dug relics -- and some non-dug buttons.

Looking forward to seeing my fellow forum members there.

Regards,
Pete

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Richmond Show Commercial
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 07:59:44 PM »
Hello,

Mike Kent, show proprietor, has made a TV commercial for it:
      http://youtu.be/jN0LH7-EMLo
Hopefully that makes for a good turnout!

When:   November 17 & 18, 2012
Address:Richmond International Raceway
   600 East Laburnum Avenue
   Richmond, VA 23222

Public Hours:   Saturday, 9AM - 5PM
      Sunday, 9 AM - 3 PM
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 08:02:13 PM by CWArtillery »
Best,
Carl

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 10:47:40 PM »
Hello,

We just wanted to pass along a show update.  It's been a great show and we've seen a number of forum members.  Mike has vacuumed up his normal assortment of goodies. DaveThePlumber has will return home with some great acquisitions too.   I managed a few good finds as well including some neat Rev War artillery pieces.  We even picked up a few things that will show on the sale site soon.

Lots of great relics to see and friends to talk to. Hopefully even more members will drop by.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 02:58:45 AM by CWArtillery »
Best,
Carl

ETEX

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 01:30:32 PM »
Carl, I understand Mike found a bullet for me that I have been chasing for more than just a few years. :)

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 08:53:53 PM »
What you talking about, Willis?  A collection is not complete unless somebody has 3 MM216s.  Any fewer causes a great sense of inadequacy so back off  ;)

I picked up a bullet collection with quite a few hard to find "slicks" from .577 to .69 caliber.  Some very cool basemarks including the long sought after backwards P!!! And yes there was a 63 caliber one for the Brunswick in there.  Jimmy B., you'll be interested to know it sure looked nose cast to me.

I also got a 13" mortar ball, a double ended proof shot, a CS re-worked 3in Schenkl and a Mullane for the rifled 18pdr as well as a big bunch of fuses.  So in all a highly productive show.

Along the way we saw a couple neat collections, hobnobbed with some good, long time friends and even met some new ones like forum member MGMradio.  Now we understand his handle more fully!

I hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving week.

mgmradio

• Email
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 09:48:29 PM »
Mike and Carl,
    It was nice to finally me you both. I really enjoyed the visit. It is easyer to show the reason for my handle than explane it. This is the uncluttered version .

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 02:57:11 AM »
I am glad you posted the pictures.  While a picture can't convey how incredible that collection is, it does a lot better than several hundred words can describe.  My jaw is still sore from dropping so far so fast!

Thanks for your hospitality.  It was very appreciated.  Great stuff.
Best,
Carl

mgmradio

• Email
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 08:12:49 AM »
You are welcome anytime Carl . Glad we were able to help each other out.

Jim T

• Thomas Publications
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 08:35:57 AM »
I can't believe that Carl allows Mike to use his car to haul all that iron around.  I sold enough of my old relics to pay for the new relics I acquired.  Somehow Dean got out of there still in possession of the 6-pdr barshot.  Dean did win an award for his display on CS arsenals. 

ETEX

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 01:52:07 PM »
Willis, it wouldn't be the first MM-216 located at the Charleston Show to have been waived in my direction to end up in your collection also.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 03:08:09 PM »
It's always a pleasure to haul iron!

The bar shot was really nice. I have a number of pieces of that type but not a complete one.  Maybe one day.....

Great display for sure.  If you like lead then Dean and Jim's tables are a must see for the displays and what's for sale.
Best,
Carl