Relic Discussion > Miscellaneous

Come see us in Marietta, Ga!

(1/2) > >>

CarlS:
Hello,

If you are able, come to Marietta, Ga for the Civil War Show there this weekend (August 11th and 12th).  It's put on by the north Georgia Relic Hunters detecting club and they've still managed to keep it purely 1898 and earlier.  It has been sold out for a few weeks.   While not the biggest show, it is mid-size and typically a very good show.  RelicRunner, eMike and I will have a table and invite you to come by and visit.  I know of a few other members who will be coming.  There is even a free piece of shrapnel if you mention the forum!

As always, if you have any artillery you need cleaned or disarmed, give me a buzz and we'll make arrangement.  The show is a good time to drop off any projectiles work.  Please don't bring loaded rounds into the show; I'll come out!   ;D

See you there!

CarlS:
Here is a bunch of us on Friday that had did a tour of the Atlanta History Center (gotta see if in Atlanta and like history told through relics) and then went out for some good country cooking at Mary Macs Tea Room.  We had a great time and did a lot of relic and relic hunting talking.  Many of the people here are members of this forum.

Lowcountry83:
Hey Carl how about an introduction left to right for us poor forum members who aren't lucky enough to attend most of these shows and meet all of you guys. It'll be nice to put some faces with the names. Thanks...

Stephen

CarlS:
I'm the studly looking one.  Mike is the one who looks like he's up to no good!  :)

Good idea Lowcountry83 and I'll be glad to.  First, as a matter of courtesy, I'll check with everyone to make sure they don't mind since this is such a public forum.  In fact if anyone in that picture sees this please send me an email with 'yes' or 'no' if it's ok to post your name or reply here.  Thanks. 

Dave the plumber:
 That's weird - I don't see Mike in the photo, but I know he was there.......    is he like a phantom and his image does not show up in photo's ??!!   Anyone ever see him eat anything with garlic in it ??  Or see him in a mirror ??!!

The 'alternative' is  he uses the 'time space continium' and he was in the History Center rolling out shells through the back door while we were occupied for mere moments with the photo...........

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version