Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Dr. Horace Beach's presentation in Cajun country!  (Read 7995 times)

R. J. in LA

Dr. Horace Beach's presentation in Cajun country!
« on: July 09, 2012, 11:00:45 AM »
I was in attendance at Dr. Horace Beach's presentation of his research entitled "The Last Moments of the Gunboat Diana, and Her Almost Final Resting Place".  It was one of the largest crowds in attendance for a presentation at the Young-Sanders Center in Franklin, LA.  Dr. Beach did an excellent job of presenting the background information he has compiled along with the evidence he has gathered to try to pinpoint the location of the destruction of the Diana by its Confederate crew to prevent it from getting into the hands of the Union forces, to use the destroyed vessel as an obstruction to advancing Union gunboats up Bayou Teche in south Louisiana, and to give the retreating Confederate forces more time to make their escape.  His presentation was both highly informative and also entertaining.
I was able to introduce myself to Horace before his presentation and to visit briefly with him after his presentation.  It is always good to put a face to a name and it was also good to meet in person a fellow forum member.
Well done, Horace, great presentation!

R. J.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Dr. Horace Beach's presentation in Cajun country!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 11:36:10 PM »
R.J.,

Sounds like one to see.   Maybe one day!
Best,
Carl