Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Seeing Red?  (Read 8726 times)

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Seeing Red?
« on: June 28, 2012, 07:36:15 PM »
If you are seeing things weird happen here tonight, it is because Carl and Neal are doing some updates.  The software provider sends out periodic patches and upgrades and implementing these causes things to change a little.  Neal is working feverishly to get everything back to what we all have considered to be normal, but unlike big commerical websites where this work is done in an offline test environment or at 3am on Saturdays, Neal is doing it while we are all awake.

There may be cosmetic changes but thats the way we have to roll.  Kudos to Neal for his unsung efforts and fingers crossed all will be done shortly. 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 07:44:18 PM by emike123 »

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Seeing Red?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 12:02:38 AM »
Mike said "Carl and Neal" but it was just Neal.  Neal went on the commercial site and fixed an issue and I kept him at it getting the site caught up with some upgrades and fixes.  I then asked him to put the red theme on the forum to give it a more colorful look and feel along with the bullet images that match our passion.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do when he graduates and then moves out.  I guess I'll have to learn this stuff.   >:(

My many thanks to Neal for taking care of our vitual world.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 12:24:23 AM by CWArtillery »
Best,
Carl

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 02:10:33 AM »
you forgot the "r" in virtual.
It's not always "Survival of the fitest" sometimes the idiots get through.

R. J. in LA

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 12:00:42 PM »
Guys, like the bullet images & the red definitely livens it up!  Good job!

R. J.

ETEX

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 01:26:44 PM »
Love the bullet images. I can already see Jim's face "Oh know JA3R".

The color is great.

The updates definitely made my avator one of the weirdest looking Baby Hawgs I ever saw.

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 03:06:31 PM »
Yeah, the changes made my Mighty Mouse Avatar look like he gained 50 pounds so I am going back to my old Marvin the Martian one.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 03:33:59 PM »
Hello,

I suspect that the avatar changes are due to a setting on the forum that resizes them to a set height and width.  I'll dig into it after work to find out how to tell the forum software to leave them as their actual size.  Don't make any changes yet until I have a chance to look into it.  Thanks and sorry for the issue.
Best,
Carl