Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Rally boys, rally against the Columbiads!!!  (Read 9972 times)

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Rally boys, rally against the Columbiads!!!
« on: June 08, 2012, 01:03:24 PM »
I am getting calls from the front in Columbia at the Mike Kent relic show that they are finding cool stuff down there and set up is just starting.  We have got to post up evidence that staying back and protecting our homesteads and families, is the valiant cause, not going off in search of mammon like these self-interested scoundrels have done.

Fortunately, my sometimes trusty postman just arrived with these three fuses. 

>>  CS re-worked US Bormann fuse to accept the paper time fuse after the directive went out banning use of CS Bormann fuses because they were unreliably hazardous

>>  CS West Point style percussion fuse

>> Cap to a CS Raines landmine fuse

Join me in the fight and lets post up more in their absence than when these poseurs are around!

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 02:50:40 PM by emike123 »

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Re: Rally boys, rally against the Columbiads!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 01:03:48 PM »
Latest update from Columbiads: Reports of Mac Mason bullets, sectioned 1/2 6.4in Parrott bolt, and Rev War artillery projectiles filtering in.

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 02:12:24 PM »
Latest update:  Show about half set up.  Rumor is if they don't have a good gate, they won't do it again which would be too bad.  Mac Mason bullets may have been a false alarm.  Couple nice shells but nothing yet heard of thats to die for.  Carl and relicrunner are there with 200lbs of frags.  "Not that there is anything wrong with that"...

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 02:42:37 PM »
Latest update:  Carl texted over pictures of a peterhead (fuse).  Oh the depravity....

Whoever the seller is wants $700 which is a good deal for collectors who want one.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 02:59:16 PM by emike123 »

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 09:33:54 PM »
Well the peterhead sold to a friend of mine who stayed home so another win for the responsible amongst us.  Rumor is the plumber sold a cool long pattern Archer shell that a forum member ended up with ;-)

I stepped out to buy a 6.4" sabot to restore a Mullane shell I got when Jimmy and Carl and I were in Vicksburg and along the way also made a deal for 8 fuses and parts.  Busy day...

I got an update from the Brandon, Mississippi show and heard it was weak.

Last update from Columbia was something barely comprehensible about bourbon & Coke this afternoon and massages in the evening.  Truly reprehensible...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 08:32:17 PM by emike123 »

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 08:52:30 AM »
Latest update:   Selma Hunter is headed over there for the day.  eh tu, Bille?  Beyond that, none.  They must be reading our dispatches posted here...

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 12:24:57 PM »
Latest update:  Carl was going to get some nice Rev War pieces.  Other than that silence from the front.  Clearly they are planning something big down there.  Nefarious schemes for world relic domination perhaps.  Either that or they all have hangovers.  Obviously they needed me there to provide moral guidance and administer to their ethical well-being.

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 08:42:53 PM »
Last update:   Well, I feel like I fought this battle against the Columbiads solo.  I know I speak for the silent, moral majortity here so no worries. 

Sounds like a lot of good commerce was done in Columbia so hopefully the show is safe for another year and maybe I will go next year to keep these boys in line.  Less good reports from Brandon, MS, but shows take time to build so support your local relic shows!

This is for Carl.  As everyone here knows, I stayed home like an angel this weekend and one of my chores was to ferry a church youth group back from a White Sox game.  3 little fellas piled in my car and I asked them where they were from.  They said, "Jackson, Mississippi."  I said, "Oh, I was just there recently (with Carl, John, Ronnie and Jimmy and Wes was somewhere in the vicinity or so he says but we never saw him) and I also have a cousin who lives there."  They asked who my cousin was and sure enough my cousin's son was one of their good playmates.  Carl thinks I have a cousin in every two dog town in the Deep South and he may be right, but this is proof it is a small world indeed.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 10:10:38 AM by emike123 »

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 12:51:49 AM »
I was enjoying this tread from my phone as Mike tried to hide his sorrow at missing a show and allowing someone else a chance at something.  Unfortunately I could not reply on my phone for some reason so I had to just silently laugh and provide fodder to the forumites who were there so we could have a good laugh at our buddy Mike's expense.   :) 

No need to come to this show.  You wouldn't have found anything you liked.   ;D  Rumor has it there will not be any artillery there next year.

You do seem to have kin in every town we drive through or mention.  While you may live in Illinois, it's obvious where your roots are!

I spoke to a few people after the show and they seemed to do reasonably well.  Some show workers said the gate was much improved and it did seem that way.  Mike Kent (show host) said he was happy with the show so that was good to hear.  Perhaps it'll be with us at least another year and some more members can come and join us at the Mexican place Friday night.
Best,
Carl

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 10:08:47 AM »
I also have a cousin in Columbia (who happens to run the state bar (as in legal, not drinking, Plumber) in case you guys get into trouble with your questionable behavior) so I am going to get there good and early next year and leave a wasteland with nothing but a fired three ringer for you dudes to fight over!