Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: My desk set  (Read 7682 times)

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
My desk set
« on: May 19, 2012, 12:24:38 PM »
Postings are a little slow so I decided to post this picture of what is staring me back in the face on my desk.  Folks are often asking about how others display things.  In this case, nothing exotic but I like these blown shells.

The Britten bottom and Schenkl were found by a forum member, the nose of the Parrott I picked up at Mansfield from the fellow relicrunner and Carl went to see last weekend (& got that oddball frag with the casting anomalies in it).  The Parrott bottom I got from a guy relicrunner and I visited in the Atlanta area and it was recovered locally there.

These frags make for good pencil holders!  I got the brass plaques made very inexpensively from a trophy supply place.  The mug on the right is priceless and was made by my daughter when she was very young (& I still played golf),  She is 21 now.  My son is 18 now and although he is very talented in many ways, his artwork is not one of those areas and still looks like this....

ETEX

Re: My desk set
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 01:45:21 PM »
Super idea and great way to display frags and parts and get use out of them. Definitely unique, different and a great working display.

Daveslem

• Email
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 04:11:46 PM »

Mike probably has a Schenkl for a toothbrush holder in the bathroom, too.  ;D
Later,
Dave Slemmer

Garret

• Email
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 12:12:29 AM »
Mike,
Agreed.  I love relics, but as I dad that mug trumps any relic.
Garret
"Suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you were a member of Congress.  But I repeat myself."  Mark Twain