Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Wishing Well Bullets  (Read 11443 times)

Lowcountry83

• Email
Wishing Well Bullets
« on: May 01, 2012, 11:32:42 PM »
I'd like to have a nice example of each of the "Wishing Well" bullets if anyone has any they wanna part with. Right now I only have the .72 import, so I guess I need both Greene variants and a .69 French dragoon. PM me and thanks for your help..

Stephen

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Re: Wishing Well Bullets
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 01:14:32 PM »
Barry Banks has one of the regular length Enfield types on page 5 of the bullet listings of his Civil War Outpost website
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 01:16:11 PM by emike123 »

misipirelichtr

• Email
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 09:20:39 PM »
Stephen,in addition to the long and short variants of the Greene and the .71.72 3 ringer,  there were a few .69 round balls recovered also, and two size variants of the .69 French Triangle base that I know of.  Oddly enough, the round ball may be the toughest of the bunch to get.

Lowcountry83

• Email
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 11:24:48 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Mike. I visit that site occasionally but never noticed the description of that bullet. I knew about the roundballs, but figured they were out of reach. But I didn't realize there were two types of French triangles there. Thanks misipirelichtr. Seems like I saw a set of 3 or 4 different bullets from the wishing well on some website but I can't seem to find it anymore. If anyone knows let me know. Thanks..

Stephen

tom buckley

• Email
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 07:39:10 AM »
Check Phil Ley's site. Ohio Volunteer Relics.

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 08:47:41 AM »
It was nice seeing Phil at Mansfield.  As most know from the article he recently wrote for NSTCW or American Digger, he has Lou Gehrig's disease.  It has taken a toll on his mobility, but his spirits are always high and everybody at the shows is happy to see him and shake his hand.

Lowcountry83

• Email
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 10:43:41 PM »
Yeah that's where I saw it.. thanks Tom.

Stephen

misipirelichtr

• Email
First photo is the .69 round ball, short and tall pattern "Greenes" or Enfields (I still don't know the exact difference in a Greene and an Enfield), the two French triangulars, and the .72 foreign mold minie.  The second photo shows the small and medium French triangle bases.  Good luck in completing your set.  One possible other place to try is the Antique/Relic shop the Nash family has in Stone Mountain.  I know Mr. Nash had some of these off and on over the years.

Selma Hunter

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 07:20:31 AM »
Guys -

What is the going rate on one of the .71 miniƩs?

Selma Hunter

Lowcountry83

• Email
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 10:04:35 AM »
Very nice group misipi.. and thanks for the info. And Selma hunter you can find those .71's for around $30 usually. It's a lot of bullet for the price lol.

Stephen

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 10:42:04 PM »
I just learned that Phil Ley passed today.  He was always so cheerful and I can't stop thinking about the last heartfelt encounter we had at Mansfield in May.  He had Lou Gehrigs disease and its effects were very noticeable but this is more sudden than I ever imagined.  He was at most of the shows I went to and ran http://www.ohiovolunteerrelics.com/ 

Our community is lessened by his absence and quite frankly I am getting way too saddened by all these debilitating diseases taking our friends all too soon.

Lowcountry83

• Email
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 03:29:14 PM »
I now have an example of each one except the small French triangle if anyone happens to come across one.. Thanks...

Stephen