Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: NVRHA show in Fredericksburg  (Read 11224 times)

Jim T

• Thomas Publications
    • Email
NVRHA show in Fredericksburg
« on: April 05, 2012, 03:49:29 PM »
Who will be showing their face at this show in Fredericksburg next week?

Thomas Publications will be there!

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: NVRHA show in Fredericksburg and the show in Vicksburg
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 11:08:12 PM »
There will be a bunch of forumites at the Vicksburg Show. I'm looking forward to it.  If anyone is in the area, come on over!
Best,
Carl

ETEX

Re: NVRHA show in Fredericksburg
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 03:42:09 AM »
Looking forward to seeing all the forumites for at the Vicksburg show. I think there will be good turn out with all but eMike not needing a passport for entry. ;D

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 07:58:29 PM »
They charge an uplift at the door for transplanted Southerners to attend so while he discusses that with the door personnel we'll get a few minute head start.
Best,
Carl

uscs digger

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 10:10:42 PM »
Been to a couple of those shows, well worth the trip.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 10:44:18 PM »
I've not been to this Vicksburg Show before but it's in a prime area and hopefully will have some good displays and items for sale.  I have made the Fredericksburg Show and really liked it.  I recommend going to it if you can.
Best,
Carl

ETEX

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 04:38:46 AM »
The Vicksburg show is rather small but the history associated with the city makes it a great place to visit. I don't know how many tables will be set up but I enjoy just being in Vicksburg. I guess its right up there with Charleston, SC to me. I was stationed in Charleston and loved that city also. Again hoping to see a mess of the Trans-Mississippi and other forumites next weekend.

ETEX

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 03:03:11 PM »
Wes, I found two excellent one ring gardners in the 3/$1 in there several years ago.

ETEX

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 01:27:54 PM »
Wes, I haven't talked to Mike in a couple of days and not sure when he and Carl or showing up but I plan on getting to V'burg probably around 1800 on Friday. It's about a five hour drive for me. If your out on the roads around 1500 on Friday afternoon be careful cause I will be blasting through your neck of the woods about that time heading to V'Burg. Just watch out for a silver pickup truck with a bald headed Texan driving.

You and your wife going to stay overnight or show up and spend Saturday and return home on Saturday?

I haven't heard if Nick P. is gonna set up or not. If he does he has a Gwynn and Campbell I have to work him out of.

If you want I can PM my cell # or vice a versus or just see ya at the show on Saturday.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 06:30:02 PM »
Agreed it wasn't much of a show and in about 15 minutes you can see most of it.  But Mike and I both managed to pick up a few things.  I got a 3.3-inch Archer at a decent price so I was happy.  But the thing about going to Vicksburg is to soak in the museums, National Park and friendly people in the area.  There are cannons and relics everywhere.  Someone turned us onto a great country cooking resturant (Walnut HIlls Resturant).  It was great to spend time with some of the forumites.  I had a great time and plan to go back next year.  I just count the show as a bonus if something good shows to see or buy.  In fact if I have anything to sell I'll get a table to help the show out.  It would be good to help it survive.

Sadly Etex was feeling under the weather and couldn't make it.  Here's hoping he's feeling better now.

I heard a bit about the NVRHA Show in Fredericksburg and it sounds like it was good.  Anyone have any details?
Best,
Carl

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 10:39:30 AM »
I liked the show. $35 table and $2 entry fee reminds me of the old days.  I only managed to escape Vicksburg with two small items I got there -- Carl browbeat me out of the other treasures I found :-(