Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Welcoming Rommack  (Read 7587 times)

Pete George

• Email
Welcoming Rommack
« on: February 22, 2012, 10:35:33 PM »
  Hello Ronnie!  Welcome to the Civil War Projectiles forum.  :)  I tried to contact you via Ebay, and seemed to succeed, but later emails bounced.  I'm delighted to see you show up in an online forum.  I still have pleasant memories of our visits back in the latter 1970s.

And of course, our conversations which led to the discovery of the REAL wartime Confederate Cemetary at Port Hudson.  Any chance you could post some photos of what they've done with it since then?

Regards,
Pete

rommack

• Email
Re: Welcoming Rommack
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 09:37:51 AM »
Thanks to Pete and everyone else for the welcome to the Forum.  I hope to be able to start some interesting conversations on Transmississippi relics.
Pete I tried to email you several times and also couldn't get it to work.  I also have great memories of those glory days of the 1970's.  As far as the Port Hudson Confederate Cemetery even after the Smithsonian and LSU discovered both Union and Confederate soldiers buried there the cemetery is once again one great big Briar Bush.  Pete if you want to try again my email is cwarmory@yahoo.com

Pete George

• Email
Re: Welcoming Rommack
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 03:27:27 PM »
  Thank you for the update on the cemetary.  It's disappointing to hear that it has been allowed to revert back to a bramble-thicket, even after official confirmation that it contains wartime American Military graves, for gosh sakes.

I wonder if being on privately-owned land is why the Government Officials are neglecting it.  Was the Louisianna Division of the Sons of Confederate Veterans ever notified about it?  (The SCV usually takes some action about "known" un-marked Confederate graves.)

Thanks also for your email address.  I'll send a test message.  If you don't receive it -- or if you get it but your reply to it "bounces" -- please let me know here in the forum.

Regards,
Pete