Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Trans-Mississippi Bullets  (Read 1456 times)

ETEX

Trans-Mississippi Bullets
« on: December 21, 2023, 05:00:29 PM »
It has been ages since I have been on the site. I got wrapped up working 7/24 for years before I finally retired from the USDA. Guess I ought to get back to posting. Been staying in touch with eMike but no one else. Long time since I have talked to Carl and how is your bullet collection coming for a artillery guy. Will stay in touch on ther site and will be adding some post that should stimulate some discussion. "The Only True Civil War Bullet is a Trans-Mississippi Bullet". Your welcome Jim.

aggiereb

• Email
Re: Trans-Mississippi Bullets
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2023, 04:37:42 PM »
Glad to see you back!!

I hope you can stir up this Forum a bit.  I tried a few months ago and failed miserably.  It's basically dead!!

I'll be looking forward to your posts.

Wes

ETEX

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2023, 02:01:35 PM »
Wes, what do you see as the reason(s) for the decline and what do you believe will stimulate and revitalize the Bullet section?

R. J. in LA

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2024, 09:37:22 PM »
Stir it up and revitalize it boys!!

R. J.

rommack

• Email
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2024, 02:01:40 PM »
Carl is a good friend of mine and I love this site, the problem I have its hard for me post pictures easy on the site as I am not very good on the computer

Steve Phillips

• Email
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2024, 10:17:49 AM »
That has always been the problem with this site. Photos are difficult for old farts like us to post.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2024, 07:47:45 PM »
Hello,

Welcome back and congratulations on the retirement.  I have been decent at acquiring bullets but not organizing and displaying them well.  It is my plan to tackle that this summer.  I'm still trying to figure out how I want to build my relic room which will happen once I finish my barn build.  This is the year of organization.  I plan to go back and revisit some of the conversations on displaying bullets.

As to the forum being slow it is largely due to the passing and health changes of a few key members that were avid posters.  Most people just lurk and read, which is fine.  A few will respond to a post which helps fuel discussion.  But without the people that initiated and sustained the discussions, it has gotten slow.  Mike and I have jobs, do about 13 shows a year and put on a show just north of Richmond so our time is limited.  But we are getting longer in the tooth and might be able to retire one day and hopefully have more time to become one of the initiators.

Ronnie: I hear you.  I had hoped the last forum software upgrade I did would have had a mobile phone capability to allow it to work better on them but no such luck.  When I get a sec I'll see if there might be something now or something in the works.
Best,
Carl