Relic Discussion > Bullets

Most Difficult to Aquire Confederate Bullet Examples

(1/2) > >>

ColtsPop:
All,
I have just started a collection of Confederate bullets and it?s been fascinating.  I already have a Whitworth, Lemat and some of the Tennessee rifle types.

I hoped users here would share their experiences with which 3-5 bullet types in Thomas RR4 were the most difficult to locate?  Not cartridges, just bullets.

Also, any leads on a Selma Arsenal Tower and Arkansas Hog would be appreciated.

Thanks

aggiereb:
One of my favorite sites is the Army of Tennessee relic site by Nick Peirut.  He always has odd, strange, scarce, and rare bullets - and his pictures are exceptional.

Another favorite site is Tennessee Lead by Ken Price.  Again with excellent pictures.  Most of his offerings are the more common bullets, but he surprises me frequently!!

I've acquired a lot of bullets from both places over the years.  I maintain a "type" collection, meaning I collect only a single bullet of each pattern - CSA and USA - in the best condition I can afford.  I'm frequently upgrading.  As of today there are 828 bullets in the collection.

As for which ones are the most difficult to obtain is up to you.  If you have deep pockets you can find them all.  But that's a personal decision!!!  I would suggest that you determine which ones you want and seek them all at once.  You never know where/when you'll find the elusive pot of gold.

And just when you think you've found them all, another previously unknown variant will show up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wes

misipirelichtr:
for what it's worth, the .54 Fagan and the two piece Confederate explosive would be my vote for most difficult to obtain

LeonVa:
I may have a Fagan that I could possibly be talked out of. :)

Dave:

--- Quote from: LeonVa on May 19, 2023, 05:55:18 PM ---I may have a Fagan that I could possibly be talked out of. :)

--- End quote ---
Purely out of curiosity, what would it take to talk you out of it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version