Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Charlie Harris  (Read 2529 times)

Daveslem

• Email
Charlie Harris
« on: December 20, 2022, 12:55:52 AM »
Noted Western Theater relic hunter and author Charlie Harris passed  away Monday morning. RIP Charlie.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 05:53:29 AM by Daveslem »
Later,
Dave Slemmer

redbob

• Email
Re: Charlie Harris
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 08:39:48 AM »
A true gentleman who always had time to answer questions, may he Rest in Peace.

pipedreamer65

• Email
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2022, 12:11:48 AM »
Absolute Legend.  A whole lot of knowledge.  Didn't know him personally,  but own his book and watched many videos of him talking relics.  Amazing life of finding and collecting.  Be at peace

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2023, 01:44:41 PM »
He was a legend for sure and with him goes a great deal of Civil War relic history knowledge.  I picked up his new book he is shown signing in Dave's picture above at the Franklin Show.  He signed some but was in the hospital then and so his wife and daughter sold the books for him at the show.  I feel sad for them for their loss.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2023, 12:00:58 AM »
As much as anyone he belongs on "The Great Ones" list.  Not only did he share his knowledge he also shared it often in writing where it'll be there for posterity.  I always thought it very cool that he spent a lifetime of collecting relics and had a truly great collection at his home.  Then he and Teresa spent the last handful of years going to shows and selling the relics.  This allowed them to share the stories again.  So they got the enjoyment in gathering relics and then dispersing them to their fellow collectors.    For more on Charlie and some images of the collection at his house, see:
    http://www.civil-war-relicnut.com/aboutUs.php
He will be missed.
Best,
Carl

pipedreamer65

• Email
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 08:05:17 PM »
I purchased his latest and last relic book, I give it a big thumbs up.  Full of color images of artifacts.  Civil War Relics of the Western Campaigns and Beyond:  1861-1865