Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: will they be after closing CW shows next?  (Read 7881 times)

alwion

• Email
will they be after closing CW shows next?
« on: September 17, 2022, 09:46:39 AM »
https://www.axios.com/local/atlanta/2022/09/15/longtime-business-moving-after-civil-war-store-reopens      trying to get Wildmans Civil war store to close, been waiting for them to try and stop CW shows for years. I just don't get it personally

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Re: will they be after closing CW shows next?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 04:15:45 PM »
I enjoyed going to see Wildman over the years.  Some of the things he had in his shop were a lot more controversial and overtly racist than things I have seen at Civil War Shows.  So I don't think the comparison of opposition to his, now Wild Ma'am's "Best Little Warhouse," can be compared to Civil War shows.  I think most, if not all of the shows, have rules that would forbid that type of stuff getting shown at a show and the promoters would ask that it was taken down if someone tried.  Dent (Wildman) hardly ever came to shows and the 2 times in 20+ years I saw that he did, he didn't bring anything controversial (nor did he pack his two sidearms!).

The fact is there aren't many (& probably none in retail) people as out there as Wildman anymore.  So the shows are safe from what Dent found humorous, and the detractors he drew probably have better things to do than protest Civil War relic shows.

In one of his many other idiosyncrasies Dent professed firmly that he was the reincarnation of Stonewall Jackson.  I wonder who he'll come back as next?