Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Memphis Show  (Read 1814 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Memphis Show
« on: February 28, 2022, 05:57:35 AM »
I'm planning to be at the Memphis Show this coming Friday (March 4th).  I won't have a table but will be there to shop.  If anyone has any artillery they'd like disarmed or cleaned let me know and we'll meetup.
Best,
Carl

redbob

• Email
Re: Memphis Show
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 08:07:49 AM »
I'll see you there.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2022, 11:53:26 PM »
Very sorry.  Unfortunately I didn't make it.    While I planned to, at the  last minute I had some logistics issues and could not get there in time.  Hope everyone had a better show than Meigs!
Best,
Carl

redbob

• Email
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2022, 01:00:21 PM »
Pretty slim pickings for iron.

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2022, 01:45:24 PM »
I went to that show twice over the years and it was the worst show I can ever recall attending.  I kicked myself for going back the second time although I did have the experience of a lifetime riding in a car driven by Mr. John Turner (RIP) who had me kissing the asphalt when I got out of the vehicle alive. 

Sorry to hear it hasn't gotten any better.  Its kind of uncool to trash shows so I didn't say anything before it despite a lot of leg humping puffery from some people about how great it was going to be.  Suffice to say, I will never go back there unless I hear it somehow has miraculously transformed into at least ok.  Too bad.  I am sure the SCV folks putting it on try very hard and its in a location where it should do better.