Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: 40th Central Virginia Military Show - Primarily Civil War  (Read 2450 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
40th Central Virginia Military Show - Primarily Civil War
« on: November 07, 2021, 11:55:52 PM »
Hello!  Hope those of you who are able to will make the Relic Show at the Richmond Racetrack this coming November 13th weekend.   Note that unlike past years it is a Saturday only show with Friday setup.  Passes for both days are available.   While not actually in Richmond proper, it is located at the Richmond Racetrack in Henrico County just east of Richmond.  this was one of my first shows and has always been one of my favorites.  It is one that seems to have a lot of dug relics show up.  For more information, see:
     http://www.militaryantiqueshow.com
Mike and I will have more artillery there than we have had at a show in quite a while.  I know Davetheplumber will have as usual a good selection of artillery as well and other items.   And  we'll have more of other type relics than we normally do.  We also know there will be some nice displays there.  Mike Singer is bringing 4 tables of insignia which is a lifetime collection of items you rarely see.  Not to be missed.

As always, it is a good time to drop off disarming and cleaning.  Hope to see you there!
Best,
Carl

Jim T

• Thomas Publications
    • Email
Re: 40th Central Virginia Military Show - Primarily Civil War
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 08:28:54 AM »
What about bullets!?!
Are you discriminating?
 ;D

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 12:27:19 AM »
Jim: I guess I did overlook the presences of lead!  Good catch.  As you know we had lots of lead there as well and Mike helped a bunch of people take some lead home with them as well as the iron I so love.  IT was good to see you there.  Very glad you and Wes could make it.

For those who couldn't attend, here is a great video from Friday during setup that will give you an idea of the kind of things that showed:
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o71AKFiSXkc
My appreciation to the Gigmaster for his fine video skills!
Best,
Carl

vcorps70

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2021, 08:20:14 PM »
Hey, thanks to all who put this video together. This was my first look at a relic show, I hope to make it to one in the future!

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2021, 06:33:45 AM »
         Thanks Mike and Carl for putting your necks on the line and taking over this show - and doing a great job of making things run smoothly.  I think everyone was satisfied, had a good time and picked up some things for their collections. It was good to see everyone that came out, both dealers and collectors. 

mramer

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2021, 08:56:09 PM »
Ditto that

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2021, 06:24:32 PM »
Yes, I was smiling to see the video.  That was done by YouTube guy Gigmaster.  This was his first show setting up and one of the few that he has attended.  He put a few things on my table last go around.  He seemed to have a lot of fun.  His table was popular as it was nearly all things he had dug or made.

While a lot of work getting things ready, the show was a lot of fun to host.  Very glad to have done it.  It seems like because of our role we have met a whole new group of hobby friends which is a big plus.   One indication that I know it went well was that John Sexton texted me yesterday a picture of his calendar with next years show on it.  We will work to make it bigger and better next year.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 06:26:40 PM by CarlS »
Best,
Carl

mramer

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2021, 09:51:35 AM »
In response to Vcorp70's post and anyone who has not attended a show.
What you get at a show is a wealth of knowledge from multiple dealers and experts in various fields. These people will take the time to educate you on questions in their perspective fields of collecting.  Best of all it's free knowledge.

Thanks again to Mike and Carl for hosting the show

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2021, 10:25:36 PM »
mramer: You are correct.  I always learn something at every show.  I'm also always amazed at how much detail some people know.  And they always seem to be willing to share.
Best,
Carl