Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: New Member Needing Help with Bullet IDs  (Read 2111 times)

Mason Jarr

• Email
New Member Needing Help with Bullet IDs
« on: October 16, 2021, 06:17:26 PM »
Hello everyone.  I'm Mike Ingram and I'm a retired military vet living in SW Idaho. I spend almost all my spare time researching and metal detecting sites from the Indian Wars here in the West. I know this site is primarily for CW era items, buts some of the sites I detect were during the Snake Indian War period and cross over into the late CW years. For example one of my primary sites was in used from 1865 until the early 1870s. So some of the bullets I find are also some you'd recognize from the CW and some are later bullets from Black Powder metallic cartridges. I do have some reference books (primarily the T&T Civil War Handbook), but sometimes I'm not able to ID the specific bullet from there. Without becoming a burden, is it possible that I could post some photos and dimensions on this site and have success with identifications?

gflower

Re: Welcome Aboard
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 02:42:39 PM »
Welcome Aboard Mason Jarr,
Post away as we have many great experts on lead on this site who will be glad to help you. I am more of and iron guy so I won't be of great help but the others will. Good Luck. Gary

Mason Jarr

• Email
Re: New Member Needing Help with Bullet IDs
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 04:58:30 PM »
Thanks, Gary. I just posted my first ID request on the Bullet Discussion page.