Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Bullet ?? ST-07-168 / MM444  (Read 1811 times)

LeonVa

• Email
Bullet ?? ST-07-168 / MM444
« on: January 14, 2021, 12:53:29 PM »
This bullet is listed in Tom's Book (Some Civil War Bullets 2) as ST-07-168.  Tom cross referenced this bullet to MM444 for some reason, but to me it looks nothing like the bullet pictured as MM444.  The only features that make them even similar is the conical cavity and the smaller diameter.  I recently acquired one of these bullets and was curious if anything is known about them.  The one listed in Tom's Book was dug in Corinth, my bullet was also reportedly dug in Corinth.  My bullet measures roughly 0.462" x 0.810" with a conical cavity of about 0.26".  My bullet is slightly shorter than the one listed in Tom's Book but it also is nipped a little tighter than the one photo'd for his book.  I believe that due to the small diameter and conical cavity along with the early war dig location this bullet is most likely for a Tennessee Rifle.  I know that Tennessee Rifle bullets come in all shapes and sizes and believe this might just be another one?  What say you?  Thoughts?  Any other dig locations?

LeonVa

• Email
Re: Bullet ?? ST-07-168 / MM444
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 12:54:52 PM »
Cavity View