General Category > General Discussion

Gettysburg Show

(1/2) > >>

redbob:
How is/was the Gettysburg Show and from it, what does the future of the shows look like?

emike123:
I'll let you know if I am sick in a week!

Beyond that, the opinions will probably depend on the experience of the individual responding.  Carl will say he had a great show for buying while I struck out on adding anything of significance that wasn't prearranged to my collection, for example.  I think there would be a general consensus that the gate traffic was relatively light.  I was not at Chattanooga during the times it was open to the public but heard that the "gate" was better there.  That was also a show held during COVID times.  I do know some of our colleagues and customers stayed away from both due to the risk of getting sick.

I think generally sales were good.  Demand is solid both at shows and online.

I felt like the spacing was good and most of the people wore their masks like they were supposed to (compliance was also better, however, at Chattanooga from the limited time I was there to observe).  I heard the Gettysburg show hotel was not great at a time when you want a clean place most of all.  One friend said he had bugs in his bathroom.  I stayed at a big chain hotel a few miles away largely for that reason.  The expo center venue is pretty tired and the bathrooms in particular are stinky due to poor circulation which was off putting.

I accomplished what I wanted to there and enjoyed seeing friends.  I tied it in with several other things along my route.  I like the promoters and wanted to support them, but I am pretty sure I wouldn't make the trek again just for that show.  Its a nice time of year to go to Gettysburg, however, and I have other interests not far away so hopefully I can string things together and do it again.

redbob:
Thanks for the input, I guess that only time will tell on a number of fronts and good luck on your health concerns.

LeonVa:
From a bullet guys perspective the pickings were very slim.  It was nice to get out as it had been quite a while for me since I had been able to attend a show. I did manage to bring one bullet home so it was nice to add one to the collection.

Lamar:
That show (Saturday) is always on opening day of grouse season, which means an old fart like me is too tired to make the trip on Sunday.

Who do I complain to in order to move it up a weekend?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version