Relic Discussion > Bullets

Am I seeing right?

<< < (2/2)

CarlS:
I didn't know there was an iron or lead setting that I had to choose.  That's why I like this forum so much:  I'm always learning!

It was my guess it would be a mold variance since I wasn't able to find it in the T&T book.  Turns out it seems to be a quality control issue at Selma.   But I like these bullets no matter the size.  Thanks for the input.

Jim T:
I was talking about the extra long "arms" you attached to your calipers.

CarlS:
Jim:  You are correct.  had a welder at work show is very good make them far more useful for measuring artillery.  I can now accurately measure anything up to 6" I think it is.  Keeps Pete happy!

Selma Hunter:
Carl,

As to "quality control at Selma" I would dig out the paperwork but my current state of health doesn't permit.  Suffice it t say, monthly samples of all products of the laboratory and a healthy exchange of letters insured that any issues with quality control (to the 1,000th) were dealt with ASAP.  The records indicate that Selma's output (quality) was second to none.  Just for the record.

CarlS:
Given the quality control, what would the smaller bullets be for?  Or were these bullets we call "Selma" really made somewhere else where the QC wasn't as strict?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version