Relic Discussion > Wanted: Artillery

4.62" James

<< < (2/6) > >>

CarlS:
Any James besides the 7" that is larger than a 3.8" is very uncommon to the point of being rare and at least I would be unable to say which is more rare than the others.   Perhaps our resident James expert Jon can chime in when he gets a chance as he may have some idea.  Of course Pete and some others that have been involved in artillery since right after the war could also provide some in put on what they've seen over the years.   ;D

redbob:
Just when you think that you have a pretty good collection, something else comes along to capture your interests.

speedenforcer:
Of course Pete and some others that have been involved in artillery since right after the war could also provide some in put on what they've seen over the years.   LOL that's funny

Garret:
In my opinion, every collection needs at least one James shell and several variants of them at that!

jonpatterson:
Well, I finally saw this and it is a topic I really like. Been preoccupied with my own upcoming march south....in peace.

I am fortunate enough to have both the 4.62 shell and the 6.4 bolt, with the 4.62 more of my liking in condition. I bought the 4.62 at Mansfield in 2014 and the 6.4 at Mansfield in 2015. I am not sure which is actually scarcer, but had seen a 4.62 previous, but not a 6.4.

However, I am certain the 2.6" Bolt for the Wiard Rifle is the scarcest of my James Gang. The last figure I heard (2013) there were 5 of them known.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version